The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

How do you synthesize phenol? Is it even in the spec??
Reply 1961
Original post by Adorable98
I see but shouldn't it be 3.5 and 6.5?:smile:

yeah you can use those values too, doesnt really matter because youll round up the ratios either way, both our values give the same answer anyways, even if you rounded your values up to 4 and 7, still gives 1:2.
Original post by _H_V
yeah you can use those values too, doesnt really matter because youll round up the ratios either way, both our values give the same answer anyways, even if you rounded your values up to 4 and 7, still gives 1:2.

I see thank you so much :h:and what about the second picture?:smile:
Reply 1963
Original post by nishofficial

I dont think so, its not in the george facer book either and I hvnt seen a question on it, have you?
Reply 1964
Original post by Adorable98
I see thank you so much :h:and what about the second picture?:smile:

Also B because the question gives you the formula which has a ratio of 1:2, from the previous question i would know its B lol, but in the exam I would quickly the work the ratios of the graphs and see which ones gives 1:2.
Original post by nishofficial

React benzenesulfonic acid with NaOH, then react the salt formed with HCl

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which of the following cant disproportionate?
A) I2
B)Cu+
C)H2O2
D)MnO4-

answers D. why not A? what would A oxidise to?
All the best everyone! See you on the other side :smile:
Well... the exam went better than expected.. honestly I'm surpised
The lengthy + mid-easy paper which balances out. Sadly, I forgot many things as soon as I saw the paper. :frown: That diazonium question was very easy imo... but I couldn't answer it. The reactant X or Z whatever (can't remember) I answered that nitro benzene which is very very wrong but I still gave that as my answer cause I couldn't remember again. :/ I mean even that easy polymer question I feel like I gave that wrong as well... don't know what to say. All the time I spent studying feels wasted. The grade boundaries will probably be high making the grade I get 2 grades lower :no: Plus I am not going resit the exam... what have I done. :/

How was your paper guys? aced it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ihaspotato
The lengthy + mid-easy paper which balances out. Sadly, I forgot many things as soon as I saw the paper. :frown: That diazonium question was very easy imo... but I couldn't answer it. The reactant X or Z whatever (can't remember) I answered that nitro benzene which is very very wrong but I still gave that as my answer cause I couldn't remember again. :/ I mean even that easy polymer question I feel like I gave that wrong as well... don't know what to say. All the time I spent studying feels wasted. The grade boundaries will probably be high making the grade I get 2 grades lower :no: Plus I am not going resit the exam... what have I done. :/

How was your paper guys? aced it?

I did pretty well... didn't like the equations and that 5 mark calculation though
I think I will get B
A few weird questions, but pretty standard
Ugh grade boundaries are going to be high 😢. Fair paper though
good paper, makes up for unit 4 :biggrin:
That last question mucked me up and must've waffled on with that 5 marker about making a pure sample, but overall good!
What did everyone get for the burning hydrocarbon MC?
what did you guys get for that vanidum question, there were further reactions after the first vanadium ion was produced right?
That was so much better than I expected, was pissing myself after doing IAL past papers last night
Good paper imo slipped up on a couple mcq, and the synthesis 5 marker messed me up. Only blank i had was the anion cation for the very very last q. Definitely makes up for unit 4. What did you guys put for why a single isomer of ibuprophenol wasnt a good idea and what to do about it? And what even was the answer for the synthesis one? I reckon i got a few of the ionic equations wrong but hopefully it was alright
Reply 1979
95.36% anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending