The Student Room Group

Do you let your pets sleep in your bed with you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spock's Socks
Poll included

I've had pets all my life and even from a young age, I had my cat and dog at the time sleeping on the bed with me. Years on all four of my cats are allowed to sleep up on the bed and most nights they do or they sleep in their own beds or they hiding spots around the house. I've never seen anything wrong with sharing a bed with your pets and I'd be lost without having them within arms length from me during the night or not being woken up with a paw tap on the nose or a wet nose rub on my cheek :love:

So do/did you guys let your pets sleep with you or if you don't have any pets now, do you think you would ever let your pets sleep on your bed if you have any in the future?

So I used to have a kitten, I'd always want her to sleep on my bed but she never liked it so I gave up on that dream

One day when I was in year 6, I woke up in the morning and she was cuddled up right next to me!! I was like that's so cute

Later on when I went to school I found out there had been an earthquake in the middle of the night, and I can't remember when I put the pieces together but she slept with me cos she was scared of the earthquake!!! And I wasn't awake to comfort her, but she stayed stuck to me till the morning when I woke up!!!

Omg it's so cute and sad... Poor kitty... She's dead now
Original post by UndyingWill
As a germophobe, no thanks. Do you guys even know the amount of bacteria they carry?! For all those who voted yes, you guys need to take care of your hygiene, like seriously.

If you're that afraid of germs, I suggest you don't get any pet regardless of where you let it sleep. Or have children for that matter.

Possibly invest in a plastic bubble as well.

Incidentally, low level germs can be good for your immune system, living in too sterile an environment can cause issues.
Yeah my pet tarantula likes to sleep on my face. :love:
Er, no... I have pet chickens. Never try to sleep next to a chicken. You'll be covered in shite and feathers and have scratches everywhere. You'll also be lying on some squashed eggs.
Reply 64
Some of my cats sleep at the end of my bed, others in the middle of me and my bf or one at each side and one in particular sleeps like this and wakes me up with a paw on the nose :laugh: :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No because my dog always licks my butthole, its annoying
Reply 66
Original post by IFoundWonderland
No. I let them on my bed during the day very rarely; mostly only when I'm sad. When I sleep I want the bed to myself ty. I swear, when *if* I get married, hubby can sleep on the floor.

Snapchat-8651066012326289252.jpg
Look how cute he is 😍

Awww he's so cute :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
I think I sleep in their bed.....

literally my life

But I wouldn't be without my two babies :smile:
Poll included

I've had pets all my life and even from a young age, I had my cat and dog at the time sleeping on the bed with me. Years on all four of my cats are allowed to sleep up on the bed and most nights they do or they sleep in their own beds or they hiding spots around the house. I've never seen anything wrong with sharing a bed with your pets and I'd be lost without having them within arms length from me during the night or not being woken up with a paw tap on the nose or a wet nose rub on my cheek :love:

So do/did you guys let your pets sleep with you or if you don't have any pets now, do you think you would ever let your pets sleep on your bed if you have any in the future?
you're a cat lady? That answers a lot of questions. No, I'm sorry I'm just joking. Cats are great and I let my cat sleep on my bed anytime too.
Reply 69
Original post by emobambam
you're a cat lady? That answers a lot of questions. No, I'm sorry I'm just joking. Cats are great and I let my cat sleep on my bed anytime too.

Haha yeah I'm a crazy cat lady and proud :h: always have been, always will be :tongue:

*types this message while wearing a cat jumper and cat slippers and has one cat on her lap and another beside her* :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha yeah I'm a crazy cat lady and proud :h: always have been, always will be :tongue:

*types this message while wearing a cat jumper and cat slippers and has one cat on her lap and another beside her* :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:snoozing: I too have always been a cat person.
Reply 71
Nibbler - the bed hogging pro :love:

Still surprised how close the poll is. I personally don't know many people who don't let their pets sleep on the bed and I know even less who don't allow their dogs inside the house
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest