The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

I think section B essays are gonna be either Retrenchment/ leadership/ EU
What are the differences in leadership between balllmer and nadella (old and new Microsoft ceo)?
Do you NEED 2 examples for every point or can you just do it for 1 point and still secure good application? Only because I might struggle to come up with 2 examples for EVERY point- especially if the question confuses me.
Original post by Quinners7
Do you NEED 2 examples for every point or can you just do it for 1 point and still secure good application? Only because I might struggle to come up with 2 examples for EVERY point- especially if the question confuses me.

One can be fine if need be...just make it good
Thought I'd just share my points quickly before the exam for you guys to look at.

Bullet point 1: e-commerce impact on the competitive environment

Evaluation
Internet based e-commerce technology can have a significant impact on the competitor environment within the tertiary sector industries. It can increase the number of new entrants, substitute products, bargaining power of both customer and supplies and the competitive rivalry amongst competitors. This can ultimately affect profitability of individual firms and have a dramatic effect on the number and type of competitions operating within these industries. This is particularly the case where the products and easily transportable or downloadable such as books music and films, and where services can be provided without the receiver needing to physically be in the same room.

Example will be the travel industry.
Travel agencies have been taken over by online travel agents. This has caused 77 travel agencies to go insolvent in the 12 months in the 12 months. The main reason behind this is the fact that customers have more choice and power over the different holiday packages they want.
Reply 745
Original post by ryanroks1
Anyone else got an exam in the morning too?

yup yup
Reply 746
Nice, have you done this for all 6 bullet points?

Original post by christabellej
Thought I'd just share my points quickly before the exam for you guys to look at.

Bullet point 1: e-commerce impact on the competitive environment

Evaluation
Internet based e-commerce technology can have a significant impact on the competitor environment within the tertiary sector industries. It can increase the number of new entrants, substitute products, bargaining power of both customer and supplies and the competitive rivalry amongst competitors. This can ultimately affect profitability of individual firms and have a dramatic effect on the number and type of competitions operating within these industries. This is particularly the case where the products and easily transportable or downloadable such as books music and films, and where services can be provided without the receiver needing to physically be in the same room.

Example will be the travel industry.
Travel agencies have been taken over by online travel agents. This has caused 77 travel agencies to go insolvent in the 12 months in the 12 months. The main reason behind this is the fact that customers have more choice and power over the different holiday packages they want.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mm68
Nice, have you done this for all 6 bullet points?

Bullet point 6:

Positive impact of e-commerce nationally and internationally is that it allows increased sales and market share through market penetration. A website with online ordering facility can put traditional bricks and mortar businesses within reach of its target customers and enable existing customers to buy more frequently from the comfort of their homes. This makes it easier and more convenient than having to drive to physical bricks and mortar outlet.Secondly, e-commerce will increase brand awareness and sales maximisation through multichannel strategy. One of the main benefits of moving online is that increased brand awareness can help to maximise sales. This is especially relevant for businesses pursuing a multichannel strategy. Businesses that can be used is dominos, U.K. Sales were boosted by its online channels particularly the mobile app. Online sales were 35% higher than previous quarter. Also it became part of the integral part of the X factor. John Lewis; significant investment in online technology. Allowed them to reach more of its target customers as e-commerce reduces geographical barrier.
shoutout to everyone else coming off of an all nighter and still going strong for the next 5 hours
Could they ask a question about how leadership can change business ethics? If so, what points/analysis/examples would you use?
Why was Steve ballmer a bad ceo? Can find hardly anything on Internet about him
Other examples of bad leadership, other than elop (Nokia) and ballmer (Microsoft)?
Original post by IzzyWalker
Could they ask a question about how leadership can change business ethics? If so, what points/analysis/examples would you use?

Would be really unlikely
Other examples of bad leadership, other than elop (Nokia) and ballmer (Microsoft)?

Jeffrey skilling Enron
Reply 754
Has anyone got disadvantages towards localisation, and examples, really struggling as unsure how I'd write an essay on it

What've you got on Ballmer?
Original post by Mm68
Has anyone got disadvantages towards localisation, and examples, really struggling as unsure how I'd write an essay on it

Asks failed when expanding into China...Chinese peeps wanted clothes which represented their culture, which asos couldn't offer
Reply 757
Asks failed when expanding into China...Chinese peeps wanted clothes which represented their culture, which asos couldn't offer

Does that show a disadvantage of localisation though? Suppose you could say it's difficult to implement, requires finance
Original post by Crozzer24
Jeffrey skilling Enron

Thorsten Heinz and blackberry
Hi can anyone tell me if its possible to just make up the evidence ? Or have a general outline of evidence and make up some fine details to assist your argument?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending