The Student Room Group

Clearing after A levels

I was just wondering if you can go into clearing after you have finished your A levels for example if you had not applied to uni but are taking a gap year and performed worse then you have thought
Original post by lolatron102939
I was just wondering if you can go into clearing after you have finished your A levels for example if you had not applied to uni but are taking a gap year and performed worse then you have thought

You need to submit a UCAS application. After that, yes you can.
Thank you so much! :smile:

Hi lolatron102939

Hope you're well! :smile:

Clearing is available to students who are not currently holding offers from any universities (i.e. they didn't accept any or didn't apply), students who applied late (after 30th June) or who don't meet the conditions of their offer(s). Therefore, once you have your A Level results, you can technically enter Clearing. Alternatively, if you'd like to take a gap year, you can apply to go to uni through the normal UCAS process.

You might also find this information helpful:
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/no-offers-use-clearing

Hope this helps! If you need any more information, just let me know!

Natalie :smile:
Original post by Anglia Ruskin University
Hi lolatron102939

Hope you're well! :smile:

Clearing is available to students who are not currently holding offers from any universities (i.e. they didn't accept any or didn't apply), students who applied late (after 30th June) or who don't meet the conditions of their offer(s). Therefore, once you have your A Level results, you can technically enter Clearing. Alternatively, if you'd like to take a gap year, you can apply to go to uni through the normal UCAS process.

You might also find this information helpful:
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/no-offers-use-clearing

Hope this helps! If you need any more information, just let me know!

Natalie :smile:

OP still has to make a standard Ucas application before they can enter Clearing, just to make that clear.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
OP still has to make a standard Ucas application before they can enter Clearing, just to make that clear.

Yes - this is also true. Thanks for adding Carnationlilyrose! :smile:
Thank you so much! This has helped a lot :smile:
Thank you so much! This has helped a lot :smile:

No problem at all!

All the best! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending