The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hopefully someone can answer this. In section A do I only use the the company in the case study to support my answer or can I use my own company examples as well?
i'm absolutely ****ed hahahahahahahaha
all i need for uni is BCC but even that's looking very unlikely
Does anyone also do economics? Worried about where the boundaries between economics and business are because I'll be choosing the economic question if it comes up
Okay I need help.

Section A:

Which bullet point for Section A would most likely come up?

Competitive environment and what other one?
Original post by deenattireco
Okay I need help.

Section A:

Which bullet point for Section A would most likely come up?

Competitive environment and what other one?

opportunities and threats, its most likely to be linked into 1 question
For section A do you have to use the case study? also once u use the case study do u have to bring in any of your own research??
Original post by SharinganShahz
For section A do you have to use the case study? also once u use the case study do u have to bring in any of your own research??

Yes you need your own case studies
Original post by splashywill
Yes you need your own case studies

so i need to use my own case studies as well as the one they give us?
Reply 768
What arguments and examples have people got for the competitive environment, specifically for the increase in power of buyers and suppliers
Can someone help me with a quick question?

How will a business that is undertaking retrenchment prevent them from failing in the long term?
Original post by meimaths123
opportunities and threats, its most likely to be linked into 1 question

Any videos or sites on how to best answer that question?
Original post by AdamASmith
Can someone help me with a quick question?

How will a business that is undertaking retrenchment prevent them from failing in the long term?

allows them to refocus on what theyre good at and can usually let them fix any problems with they have with their structure/culture/leadership

an example u can use is Starbucks, they lost market share to McDonalds and Dunking Doughnuts and they adopted a new leader. They used the strategy of retrenchment to allow the business to focus on what they were good on by investing and training staff which allowed them to regain success
Original post by Daniel6
Any videos or sites on how to best answer that question?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISj_m9LPaP8&list=PLp8BSCLLWBUB7XIipXkD6LqmcW8K9Im5O
Original post by SharinganShahz
so i need to use my own case studies as well as the one they give us?

Yes, look at a past paper. It says use the information above and your own research.
my dad has 4 businesses. ur all welcome to work for him :biggrin:
Original post by Daniel6
Hopefully someone can answer this. In section A do I only use the the company in the case study to support my answer or can I use my own company examples as well?

You have to use both,the business from the case study and your own example for section A
wait you have to bring in your own research into the exam for both section it only section a ?
Any examples of toxic organisational culture?
good luck mandem, praay for competitive environment
Original post by Baker1212
wait you have to bring in your own research into the exam for both section it only section a ?

For both section you have to use your own business examples but for section A you have to use the one given in the question as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending