The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2300
Very easy paper! Definitely a bit harder than last years though so I would guess grade boundaries will be similar or perhaps 1/2 marks lower

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fibsy
I found it mostly easy but I don't want to get my hopes up. The questions i didn't get were:
What is the effect on emf of increasing pressure of oxygen?
Ditto for effect of increasing Pt surface area
Conditions under which E for something was something (I put in circuit with standard hydrogen electrode with 298K etc)

For the titration calculation I out something like 96%? Sneaky of them to make the compound have three C2O4 ions in

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you look at the equation it's just le chatelliers so inc pressure means more h2o produces which means more redox and less oxidation and so emf inc.

Sa has no effect

conditions are 298k, 100kpa(although not sure if relevant there) and then 1m solution
Anyone else get something like +1910 for the Born Haber cycle?
Original post by zombaldia
Solid is cr(h2o)3(oh)3 and the gas is co2, it's M3+ with co32- reaction

Yeah, *******s, I should've picked up on that.
Enthalpy for lattice dissociation was 2328? And did we have to work out enthalpy of solution, this was negative answer wasn't it?
Original post by greenmath
Wanted a nice exam paper but I thought that was a bit too nice, grade boundaries are going to be sky high

Yeah I agree. wasted a day of revision. I'm ****ed for c4
Original post by perpetua
If there is a lot of crossing out but the answer was correct.... Is it ok

If you look at previous mark schemes they want full working out for the marks, as long as you showed them how you got your answer you will be fine, but you will always get a mark for a correct final answer
Original post by Sufyxyz
It was 2238

wasnt it 2328?
Original post by cowie
Very easy paper! Definitely a bit harder than last years though so I would guess grade boundaries will be similar or perhaps 1/2 marks lower

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they'll be higher than last year to be honest, I'm expecting 95/100 for 120 UMS, 87/100 for A*, etc.
Reply 2309
Original post by zombaldia
If you look at the equation it's just le chatelliers so inc pressure means more h2o produces which means more redox and less oxidation and so emf inc.

Sa has no effect

conditions are 298k, 100kpa(although not sure if relevant there) and then 1m solution

I thought hydrogen oxygen cell was my reversible and hence lie chateliers principle wouldn't have any effect?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chloeabeki
wasnt it 2328?

It was something like that, but I remember all those numbers appearing!!
Anyone remember for lattice dissociation. Did we get given atomisation of oxygen or bond enthalpy of oxygen?
Original post by cowie
Very easy paper! Definitely a bit harder than last years though so I would guess grade boundaries will be similar or perhaps 1/2 marks loweRe

Agree 100%
Reply 2313
what were the reagents used to change Cr3+ to Cr2+?
i wrote Zn with H+?
Reply 2314
I didn't multiply my moles of c2042- by 3 as I didn't see they was 3 of them in the formula, will I get about 5/6 marks for the question??
I completely blanked on the purity question. How many marks would I get if I get the 2 half equations right, but the overall equation is wrong? And I did all the method right but got the wrong answer? Overall I feel like this paper was good, but made a lot of stupid mistakes.
Original post by Johnny98
Anyone remember for lattice dissociation. Did we get given atomisation of oxygen or bond enthalpy of oxygen?

We were given atomisation
Original post by 12284
what were the reagents used to change Cr3+ to Cr2+?
i wrote Zn with H+?

Yup.

I also put a hydrogen atmosphere but I don't think that's necessary.
I got around 35% for purity
Original post by emma_1111
I got around 35% for purity

Got that too, sadly its wrong :frown: but probs still get a good 4/5 marks so :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending