The Student Room Group

C3 edexcel june 2016 unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The formula for butane was C4 H10
Reply 21
Original post by elmxxxx
What was the exact (roughly) question about turning alkaline? Can't remember answering a question like this, how was it worded? Also, the one about showing a dissolved solid in hard water, was it about boiling for limescale , or the sulphate test, I wrote about calcium sulphate being in hard water so therefore the Sulphate test eg white precipitate but others wrote about boiling causes lime scale which makes more sense I guess since it was in water section

I can't remember exactly but it said when ammonia dissolves in water, what is the thing that causes the water to turn alkaline? And for the dissolved ions it was something like a test that doesn't involve soap to show the dissolved ions. I said to heat it and the crystalline solid that remains shows the solid that was dissolved. Also, I described the test for calcium ions using sodium hydroxide.
Reply 22
What did you guys get for the first calculation question? I think I remember getting 40 point something. For the second calculation question, the answer was 12.5.
I didn't write about boiling the water for lime scale but other people in my class wrote about that as well :/

I said that you should heat the water to evaporate the solvent which is the water in order to leave the solid pieces but that could be wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
What did you guys get for the ionic equasion multiple choice question?
I got 2.4 for the first calculation because it was 1 mol of the reactant with 1 mol of the product and I found 0.1 for the moles of the reactant so 0.1 x 24

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
For the second calculation, did you have to divide by 1000? And what was the answer?
Does anyone have the entire paper or, at least, all the questions?
Reply 28
Original post by WhyAmI

Do you remember the question specifically?
Original post by WhyAmI

the most simple one I can't remember what it was now, C maybe
Reply 30
Original post by VjM
I wrote nitrogen hydroxide, would i get a mark?

I don't think you will unfortunately, because it asked for the ion, which was hydroxide, OH-.
Reply 31
The half equation of bromine was 2br- -> br2 +2e-
Original post by MohAhmedRS
did you have to specify that it was Ethene, Ethanol, Ethanoic Acid and Ethane or could you have just written Alkene, Alcohol, Carboxylic acid Acid and Alkane

I didnt specify but hopefully that wont lose me any marks because my explanantions were correct! 🙏🏽
What did everyone get for the first calculation about the volume of the gas? I got 2.4

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone get for the first calculation about the volume of the gas? I got 2.4

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone get for the first calculation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you have to describe the titration method for the first six marker?
Reply 37
i got 2.4 aswell\
Reply 38
Original post by TheMasterofLife
Did you have to describe the titration method for the first six marker?

Yes, and then talk about obtaining crystals by heating and evaporating
Reply 39
I found the questions easy bar one, a question regarding equilibrium and the Haber process, it said that the production of ammonia gas increase if the temperature increase but if im not mistaken the production of ammonia in the forwards direction has a Equilibrium constant such that decreasing the temperature will favour the forwards reaction or am i misreading the question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending