The Student Room Group

Physics p4 p5 p6 grade boundaries?

Can anyone give a rough estimation of the grade boundaries on the Physics p4 p5 p6 exam?

(Total marks for exam is 85, including section D)
Original post by Plshelppls
Can anyone give a rough estimation of the grade boundaries on the Physics p4 p5 p6 exam?

(Total marks for exam is 85, including section D)

Of course!
The previous grade boundaries were as follows;
2015- A*: 54, A: 45, B: 36, C: 27
2014- A*: 57, A: 48, B: 39, C: 30
2013- A*: 52, A: 43, B: 34, C: 25
Personally, while the calculations were rather difficult and some of the questions were phrased oddly, the majority of the questions were accessible to a large group of people. My predictions for the grade boundaries are; A*: 55, A: 46, B: 36, C: 29.
Hope this helps!
Original post by GCShElpme
Of course!
Personally, while the calculations were rather difficult and some of the questions were phrased oddly, the majority of the questions were accessible to a large group of people. My predictions for the grade boundaries are; A*: 55, A: 46, B: 36, C: 29.
Hope this helps!

Wow, thank goodness! I was expecting them to be much higher, this is like losing 10 marks on each module for an A*, assuming you get full marks on section D
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Samii123
Wow, thank goodness! I was expecting them to be much higher, this is like losing 10 marks on each module for an A*, assuming you get full marks on section D

Mhm! How do you think you did? :smile:
Mhm! How do you think you did? :smile:

I think I did pretty good on the first paper about 68/75. On this paper I think I got about 65-70/85, I made a few really stupid mistakes like writing the wrong number and calculating things wrong but i got 46/48 on the coursework so hopefully I have an A*
I think I did pretty good on the first paper about 68/75. On this paper I think I got about 65-70/85, I made a few really stupid mistakes like writing the wrong number and calculating things wrong but i got 46/48 on the coursework so hopefully I have an A*

Damn, you've definitely gotten an A* with those marks- congrats! :smile:
Reply 6
Of course!
Hope this helps!

However, they do seem to be quite low, I never thought an A would be 53%, are you positive this it what they usually are?
(edited 7 years ago)
Damn, you've definitely gotten an A* with those marks- congrats! :smile:

Thanks! I'm going to be taking physics for A Level, how do you think you did?
Thanks! I'm going to be taking physics for A Level, how do you think you did?

I thought that the first one went swimmingly, and, in combination with my CA (A*), I hope that I've done enough to get an A*/A too! I was going to take physics, but I'm focusing my attention on chemistry and biology for A Levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending