The Student Room Group

Wjec ch5 22 june 2016 thread

How are you guys holding up?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by LFC_RV
Not good :frown:
Like I've revised it but I'm struggling to remember stuff and apply it to questions, I've been distracted with M1 today and Biol5 on Thursday!

Any tips?

I'm feeling the same :frown: I've spent all my energy revising CH4 and after how that turned out, I'm not feeling confident about tomorrow.

All I can suggest is do a little bit more of revision and just relax as much as you can. Make sure you get at least 7 and a half hours sleep and have a good breakfast tomorrow.

Postivity is key!
Quick question, does the entropy increase or decrease in this reaction. 4N (g) + 3H2O (g) -----> 2NH3 (g)
(I know reaction doesn't make sense I just put random **** in) The entropy should increase right? because there are less moles of gas on right than left, so increased freedom of movement on right?
Reply 3
Original post by wwwwwwwwwwwf
Quick question, does the entropy increase or decrease in this reaction. 4N (g) + 3H2O (g) -----> 2NH3 (g)
(I know reaction doesn't make sense I just put random **** in) The entropy should increase right? because there are less moles of gas on right than left, so increased freedom of movement on right?

I think that entropy decreases since there's less 'disorder' in the system
Reply 4
Original post by wwwwwwwwwwwf

What Hedd11 says. The entropy would decrease since there is less moles being produced; 7 Moles of reactants producing 2 moles of products. So there is less disorder :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by ALevel Student 1
Dreading this exam- hope its more straightforward than CH4, would love mostly calculations.

Yes definitely and like a 5 marker question on BN and graphite
How did everyone find it?
Reply 7
well... that was... something
Reply 8
I thought it was quite nice, but tricky in a few places but overall I liked it
Reply 9
Original post by matthewdjones
How did everyone find it?

wasn't the worst but it could have been better, I guessed 1 or 2 questions trying to pick up as many marks as I could... so many 4/6 markers!
Reply 10
What percentage of Copper by mass did you get for the Brass question?
I thought it was good. It was more of standard paper than CH4, with just a few tricky questions. I think I understood every question though, so hopefully I've only lost marks for silly mistakes or not matching the mark scheme precisely (they seem to be very picky on A-level chemistry)
What did people get for the concentration of NaOH and the entropy question! I think it was okay but I did lots of silly mistakes!
Original post by SackSly
What percentage of Copper by mass did you get for the Brass question?

50 something % I think (that could be wrong, I didn't have any time to recheck it)
Reply 14
Original post by DragonRider17
I thought it was good. It was more of standard paper than CH4, with just a few tricky questions. I think I understood every question though, so hopefully I've only lost marks for silly mistakes or not matching the mark scheme precisely (they seem to be very picky on A-level chemistry)

This is exactly the same as me
Reply 15
Original post by DragonRider17
50 something % I think (that could be wrong, I didn't have any time to recheck it)

I had 50 something as well
Reply 16
Original post by Pixie1234
What did people get for the concentration of NaOH and the entropy question! I think it was okay but I did lots of silly mistakes!

0.083 recurring I think
I got 14.something% for the copper question:frown:
Reply 18
Original post by Sznsnsn
I had 50 something as well

yep I got 50 something % too, that was one of the questions I wasn't sure on so that's nice to know xD
Reply 19
Original post by Pixie1234
I got 14.something% for the copper question:frown:

Did you times the moles by 4 because the sample was 25cm^3 and the original solution was 100

Quick Reply

Latest