The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lahigueraxxx
what did everyone's graph look like for the hydrogen fuel cell?

I drew a straight line across? I thought there was a steady supply of reactants so
How many marks would I lose for forgetting to multiply the n of c204- by 10 and getting 9.44% ??
Original post by hi-zen-berg
Good shout. How many marks of 7 do you reckon would be obtained if the divide by 3 part is missed out, to give a % purity of 35.33 (what i got)?

5/7 with ALL correct working shown.
-A1 for correct answer
-M4 for dividing by 3
Original post by lahigueraxxx
what did everyone's graph look like for the hydrogen fuel cell?

I put a straight horizontal line because there is a continuous supply of fuel. Anyone else put this ???
Original post by crillieswillies
Any idea how many marks I'd lose for getting delta G as -135000? I multiplied delta H by 1000 so delta H and delta S were in the same units :'(

if you put jmol-1 and not kjmol-1 you won't loose any... did you have to do it to 3 sig figures because i didnt?!?!
Reply 2485
Why is the purity 94 and not 50.7???/
Original post by OloMed
For the hexaqua complexes questions, there was something like cr(h20)6 3+ going to X(g) and Y(s). What was X(g). CO2?

yep
what was the born haber oxide?
Original post by Clarinet
The reaction was exothermic so if temperature increased, the reaction would shift to the left so solubility would decrease :smile:

The reactiom was endothermic so the reverse argument.
What equations did you guys write for each electrode in the hydrogen-oxygen fuel cell question?
Absolute dream of a paper, got 120UMS for sure - hope this has made a load of people who thought they did awful on CHEM4 feel a bit better, could be the paper that brings it back for them!
Original post by hi-zen-berg
Good shout. How many marks of 7 do you reckon would be obtained if the divide by 3 part is missed out, to give a % purity of 35.33 (what i got)?

I did that too :frown: I think error is carred forward to an extent if I remember correctly (:
Original post by cowie
I said increase as would be a in increase rate of reaction - I don't think reaction was reversible so le chateliers principle would be irrelevant? May be wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

The topic is called redox equilibria, of course le chateliers will be relevant.
Original post by randoms132
I got an answer for 35% too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol so did I :frown:
Reply 2493
Original post by K2Cr2O7
I put a straight horizontal line because there is a continuous supply of fuel. Anyone else put this ???

I drew two lines and wrote a caption for each..
One was horizontal and I mentioned fuel was constantly sullied
The other was a curve with decreasing gradient and I mentioned this was when fuel was not constantly suplied

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saldudsjen123
I did I'm such an idiot!!:frown: how many marks was that question?

If I'm not wrong I think there was 2 1 mark questions? I did the same thing so annoyed, but thankfully the rest of the paper was decent :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zahraaj1
dissocation reactions are endothermic so the forward reaction is endo so the solubility increases when the temp increases as it shifts to the right (the endo reaction) because the solid ionic lattice (magnesium chloride) dissociates into its aqueous ions which increases the solubility. so idk how its a decrease haha

Pretty sure dissocation is when it turns into gaseous ions, this was talking about aqueous ions, the enthalpy of solution was negative
Any idea how many marks I'd lose for getting delta G as -135000? I multiplied delta H by 1000 so delta H and delta S were in the same units :'(

You were supposed to divide delta S by 1000 to convert from JK-1Mol-1 to KJK-1Mol-1

Both are allowed...
me toooo
Original post by Suits101
Half these because standard enthalpy means for one mole I believe (had to do it in a previous paper)

Product is less disordered than reactants/product is more ordered than reactants

It asked about the enthalpy change so I dont think you do it to one mole. I know the question you're talking about but that one had to specifically say 1 mole

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending