The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE PHYSICS P4,P5,P6 22nd June 2016 OFFICAL THREAD

How was it?
literal death ((idk i was relying on the first half being rlly knowledge based but noPe. n the last section d q's were so bad ahh))
The general atmosphere coming out of the exam was that it was quite easy, unfortuanatly this wont't do the grade boundaries any good as it will go up.

Did any one spot the cheeky circle on the OR gate that was actually a NOR gate?
Original post by mallington11
The general atmosphere coming out of the exam was that it was quite easy, unfortuanatly this wont't do the grade boundaries any good as it will go up.

Did any one spot the cheeky circle on the OR gate that was actually a NOR gate?

It was an NAND gate was it not?
Reply 4
I thought that it was a nand gate & what did people get for the projectile 6 marker ?? I got the time as 0.45 seconds but pretty sure that's wrong ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tea2345
I thought that it was a nand gate & what did people get for the projectile 6 marker ?? I got the time as 0.45 seconds but pretty sure that's wrong ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got that !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by leopard923
I got that !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aagh that's good !! Maybe it is right then😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tea2345
Aagh that's good !! Maybe it is right then😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I got that too! Phew!
I thought I got the answer 0.45s wrong so I done my working out on rough paper and just wrote 0.45s because I didn't have time to try again. If the answer is right, do I get the full marks (my working out is missing)..
Original post by Chittesh14
I thought I got the answer 0.45s wrong so I done my working out on rough paper and just wrote 0.45s because I didn't have time to try again. If the answer is right, do I get the full marks (my working out is missing)..

I got 0.45s as well and generally the mark schemes first look if your answer is correct before marking the rest of the question, so it shouldn't matter.

Also, what did everyone get for the last two questions on section D, about the wall on the house and stuff?
Original post by Curry Muncher
I got 0.45s as well and generally the mark schemes first look if your answer is correct before marking the rest of the question, so it shouldn't matter.

Also, what did everyone get for the last two questions on section D, about the wall on the house and stuff?

I got the worst answers, so I'm not going to even say them lol - I flopped the test...
I got the worst answers, so I'm not going to even say them lol - I flopped the test...

Well, the grade boundaries are relatively low, so you never know :P

Last year it was:

A* - 54
A - 45
B - 36
C - 27

So it will most likely be around just over 50% for an A...
Well, the grade boundaries are relatively low, so you never know :P

Last year it was:

A* - 54
A - 45
B - 36
C - 27

So it will most likely be around just over 50% for an A...

If those grade boundaries are replicated this year for P1-3 and P4-6, I need: probably 59-60 in both tests and I think I've got 56-57 in each test (when i mark generously)
If those grade boundaries are replicated this year for P1-3 and P4-6, I need: probably 59-60 in both tests and I think I've got 56-57 in each test (when i mark generously)

I think I may be on the A* borderline for P1-3, I thought today's exam went well, but whenever I think that I end up losing a lot of marks, so right now I'm just gonna concentrate on the few exams that I have left, and try and not think about it too much before results day :smile:
It was a NOR gate.
Original post by Tea2345

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my gosh so did I!
I think I may be on the A* borderline for P1-3, I thought today's exam went well, but whenever I think that I end up losing a lot of marks, so right now I'm just gonna concentrate on the few exams that I have left, and try and not think about it too much before results day :smile:

Lol, I went down from 66 marks to 56 marks due to silly mistakes (mostly not reading the question).
This paper, I went down from 70 to 61 marks due to silly mistakes (not reading the question and just interpreting it wrong most of the time). If I had got section D right, I'd have moved up to the 75s and if I had revised P5/P6, probably 80s lol. I would've been such a strong candidate for this paper if I revised properly, dam.

Anyway, good luck on your results :smile:.
Unoffical mark scheme?
Original post by charlievanest
Unoffical mark scheme?

Scroll down, its like 3 posts later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending