The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SA-1
You've had the best part of the past year to get yourself informed ffs

Meh, honestly I'm not really that bothered - I have no interest in politics and like I said, I'll just take it how it comes and not complain.
Original post by Lúcio
Meh, honestly I'm not really that bothered - I have no interest in politics and like I said, I'll just take it how it comes and not complain.

You are just the worst.
Original post by Lúcio
The majority of my family have actually decided out.

Personally I'm not gonna vote; I'm of the opinion that if I don't know the full story from both sides, I can't make an informed decision and therefore it wouldn't be right to vote.

However I'm also of the opinion that if you don't vote, you can't complain one bit about whatever the end result turns out to be. I'm just gonna roll with it and take it as it comes. Don't plan on spending too many more years in the UK anyway so that's something I guess...

Many will have a problem with this - but I dont.

I think the reason most will be angry at you for not voting, is just because they are angry your not voting for their side..

Fine to choose not to though - its part of democracy, being given the choice over who leads you and what happens in your country.. one of the freedoms in that choice is the ability to choose not to choose.
Original post by fallen_acorns
Does anyone here actually like the EU?

Not asking if your voting to stay in - as on the ballance of all things, I will vote to stay in tommorow - but I dont like the EU..

But does anyone actually think the EU is a particularly good and positive thing?

Asking because, from the people I have spoke to who are voting IN tommorow, only 1 guy is actually a big fan of the EU - most just accept that we are better off IN then OUT, whilst agreeing that the EU is not at all a perfect of all-together positive addition, but with the current climate/arrangements, it would be a disaster to leave, as it offers us far more then we would get without.

So does any one here actually like it? - I mean, if you had a choice between a prosperous UK outside of the EU, and a prosperous UK inside of the EU? - in both cases financially we are identical.. which would you choose?

I don't like it, but I intend to vote remain. Not that bothered about the outcome in truth, I think it'll be a case of we'll gain in some areas and lose in others.
Part of me hopes we exit, simply out of curiosity.
Reply 5724
Original post by Lúcio
The majority of my family have actually decided out.

Personally I'm not gonna vote; I'm of the opinion that if I don't know the full story from both sides, I can't make an informed decision and therefore it wouldn't be right to vote.

However I'm also of the opinion that if you don't vote, you can't complain one bit about whatever the end result turns out to be. I'm just gonna roll with it and take it as it comes. Don't plan on spending too many more years in the UK anyway so that's something I guess...

Where would you live? Ireland.

Or somewhere in mainland europe? Cos that's made invariably harder if UK opt out of the EU.
Does anyone here actually like the EU?

Not asking if your voting to stay in - as on the ballance of all things, I will vote to stay in tommorow - but I dont like the EU..

But does anyone actually think the EU is a particularly good and positive thing?

Asking because, from the people I have spoke to who are voting IN tommorow, only 1 guy is actually a big fan of the EU - most just accept that we are better off IN then OUT, whilst agreeing that the EU is not at all a perfect of all-together positive addition, but with the current climate/arrangements, it would be a disaster to leave, as it offers us far more then we would get without.

So does any one here actually like it? - I mean, if you had a choice between a prosperous UK outside of the EU, and a prosperous UK inside of the EU? - in both cases financially we are identical.. which would you choose?

Spoiler

Spoiler text for you fallen_acorns. For most it would be "tl;dr".

Going back specifically to the EU vote tomorrow. It really annoys the hell out of me how the Leave campaign keep banging on about "taking control". Who do they honestly mean when they say control? Frankly is having some right wing/**** like Boris making decisions for me really any better or different to someone over in Brussels making the decision?

I'm skeptical and think the only people who will benefit from "taking control" from the EU are the politicians - it won't help me. Then you look at all these career politicians and have to wonder, do they care about me or do they just care about their own careers?

So in conclusion:
- I'm mildly in favour of the EU in terms of politics;
- I'm heavily in favour of the EU in terms of economic benefits;
- I strongly believe those politicians who want to leave the EU are doing so in self interest; and
- I've failed to see anything credible from the Leave campaign other than scaremongering about immigration and saying nonsense rhetoric about "taking control" without saying anything of substance.

:woo: VOTING IN :woo:
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Where would you live? Ireland.

Or somewhere in mainland europe? Cos that's made invariably harder if UK opt out of the EU.

Nah, America is the plan.

Although in fairness, how many plans pull off without a hitch? :tongue:
[QUOTE="Zerforax;66005980"]

Spoiler

Interesting read :smile:

Spoiler

I'm all for a European Union, but only with the good countries. There should be a West/ East divide, and anything east of Germany can just **** off and be annexed to Russia. And even then, Netherlands and Norway can **** off too.
Denmark can **** off too.
Reply 5730
Always has to turn it into West vs East.

Cold War's over pal.
Interesting read :smile:

Spoiler

Most probably dont care so will continue to spoiler :colondollar:

Spoiler

Original post by Rk2k14

Cold War's over pal.

Yea swarls - it's all about those ****ing muslims!!1! They're the bad guys in the films and a small minority are terrorists so they must all be evil.

But when English hooligans are causing trouble, it's not the same thing and you can't tar all England fans with the same brush.

:rolleyes:
Original post by swirly

Scandinavian countries are GOAT tbh. We could learn a lot from them...
Reply 5733
Original post by swirly

**** off you prick
Original post by Lúcio
Scandinavian countries are GOAT tbh. We could learn a lot from them...

Didn't you know the women there are all lesbians because they don't want a piece of the swarls.
Reply 5735
Brb Scandinavian countries have some of the highest HDI figures but they can **** off.
Original post by Zerforax
Didn't you know the women there are all lesbians because they don't want a piece of the swarls.

In fairness, it's very tough to resist swarley.

He has his own brand of mental deficiency that the girls can't help but fall for...
Original post by Zerforax

Yea swarls - it's all about those ****ing muslims!!1! They're the bad guys in the films and a large minority are terrorists so they must all be evil.

cc.

Need a modern version of the Nuremberg laws.
Reply 5738
Rekt.
Reply 5739
Original post by Rk2k14

Cold War's over pal.

Thoughts on what happened in quad studios 1994?

Latest