The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maisym00
For the equilibrium question I put: I- reacts with Ag to form agI (yellow ppt), therefore the position of equilibrium will shift to the left to restore I- conc. As a result, more aqueous iodine was formed so the position of equilibrium of 1 will also shift to the left, therefore more grey/black solid iodine is formed. For the electrochemistry question I needed up with two equations. The oxidising agent one where Cr+3 reacts with AL and the reducing agent one where Cr+3 reacts with feO4- or something. Anyone else?

for the cr+3 to cr2o7 part - I thought that as they only gave you cr3+ the reaction had to backwards - so you could pretty much switch the sign on the ev - and that gave me two equations - I don't exactly remember what. I'm really quite unsure whether that was a correct assumption.
Original post by cr7alwayz
For using a calculation to explain why K2SO4 can dissolve at 25oC was the entropy change 0.02 or something which is positive so the reaction is feasible?

G was negative so the reaction was feasible.
For the very first question did people get Cu(H20)2(NH3)4 or Cu(nh3)4. I put the first one with deep blue as the colour becuase I didnt know what the colour of Cu(NH3)4 was.
Does anyone have a copy of the paper?
Original post by cr7alwayz
For using a calculation to explain why K2SO4 can dissolve at 25oC was the entropy change 0.02 or something which is positive so the reaction is feasible?

Temp was 298K you get negative 43 or something so its feasible as delta g is neg

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many marks was the AgNO3 equilibrium shift?
Original post by lai812matthew
what the f is a standard form??????????

(something between 1 to 10) times 10^(something)

Can't remember the exact answer, but 0.029 in standard form would be 2.9 x 10^(-2)
Original post by maisym00
For the equilibrium question I put: I- reacts with Ag to form agI (yellow ppt), therefore the position of equilibrium will shift to the left to restore I- conc. As a result, more aqueous iodine was formed so the position of equilibrium of 1 will also shift to the left, therefore more grey/black solid iodine is formed. For the electrochemistry question I needed up with two equations. The oxidising agent one where Cr+3 reacts with AL and the reducing agent one where Cr+3 reacts with feO4- or something. Anyone else?

Exactly what I did!

Original post by EricPiphany
Don't worry you'll be fine.

Speaking to people who sat the exam with me, lots of them messed up the buffer question.

I certainly messed up parts. But with high UMS last year, and good UMS in the first exam, I should have the A I need.

Yeah, hopefully A* boundary is low and I'm safely into it. I'm really counting on chem to be one of the 2A* in need to make my offer :redface:
What did people get for the empirical formula one?

I got the fact it was the same as the molecular formula but not 100% on it.
Original post by postexamtalk
H2O2 + I- forms HIO + OH-
H+ + OH- forms H2O
HIO + H+ forms I2 + OH- (given)
H+ + OH- forms H2O

Both valid?

Need 2I- on the left-hand side
Original post by k.russell
For the question about acidic or alkaline at 60'C with a pH of 7, did no one use 10^-7 = [H+]? Because that statement has to true by definition doesn't it? So I then divided the Kw at 60'C, (which was 9.4 blah blah x 10^-14) by 10^-7, giving 9.4 blah blah x 10^-7 for [OH-] then I said that [H+] > [OH-] so the solution is acidic. Sorry to go against the flow, but my method makes complete sense to me and I think it's right, if anyone can show me why that's wrong, please go ahead (or if you think I'm talking sense please back me up lol)

Your method is right however your conclusion is wrong 9.4x10^-7 >1x10^-7 hence solution is alkali
I got that one too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3472
It said leave the answer in standard form
Original post by bridget07
How many marks was the AgNO3 equilibrium shift?

4 marks
Original post by Randall13

There was one Cu so it was the molecular.
anyway I got CuO8H4C4 with 2- charge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh i got that too

Original post by Randall13

Pretty sure the reagent was starch and the observation was blue/black to colourless. You can type it into YouTube and see the end point; and that's what happened
Reply 3477
Original post by HFancy1997
There was one Cu so it was the molecular.
anyway I got CuO8H4C4 with 2- charge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

O10 as there was oxygen in the water
Is there an Unofficial mark scheme yet?
It was CuO10H4C4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending