The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by girl :D
hey guys how many marks do u think il lose if i got an answer of -155 and then put 155 and then for the next part wrote that the solubility increases. do u think ill still get marks for error carried forward

Yea most probably you will still get marks for ECF if you explained your answer
Original post by DDan123
I hope so, just seems so sneaky ffs lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

So annoyed at myself for that - every past paper I've divided by 2 when needed to but I think I was just so happy with how the exam was going that it just went totally over my head

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mvpmb
But you added 250 cm3 water to the solution ...

You dissolved the salt THEN added 250cm3 of water, you took 25cm3 of water from this - I almost made this mistake.
Original post by RME11
You get the same answer regardless, if they were to be so cruel you'd only lose a mark.

What are you on about? You don't reach the same answers from the equation they gave you. I was trying to tell people what the correct reasoning was as a number of people appeared to be confused
Original post by Agent R5
was that the only question after the 7marker on calculations?

Yes.
any one doing biology5 tomorrow
Original post by 26december
So annoyed at myself for that - every past paper I've divided by 2 when needed to but I think I was just so happy with how the exam was going that it just went totally over my head

Posted from TSR Mobile

it will probably be error carried forward so you'll only probably lose 1/2 marks :tongue:
whats this about dividing by two?? when have you ever needed to do that in the past?? hat questions did you need to do it on???
Original post by Agent R5
In the previous paper where u had to divide it by 2 the question for delta H and delta S were both worth 3marks but today they were both worth 2marks each so I don't think you have to divide it by 2

Didn't the question say find delta S and delta H for THIS reaction. Meaning they were asking for values for the exact equation they gave ???

Im not sure as i cant remember the question exactly.
What was born haber labelling were the bottom two the same
Original post by Hannahmollie98
The reactiom was endothermic so the reverse argument.

Almost certain it was -155kJmol-1?
Original post by DDan123
Yep, hopefully boundaries for unit 5 will stay roughly same. I need an A* in this paper atleast to make up for chem 4, Or else I will have to resit next year 😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trust me, avoid having to resit during your gap year at all costs 😂

Last exam tomorrow and then I'm free :3
Original post by SirRaza97
I genuinely don't know. I find chem5 easier than chem4. If I was estimating:

67/68 - B
76/78 - A
83/85 - A*

Looking good 🙌, would that mean roughly 92/93 for full UMS?
Original post by girl :D
any one doing biology5 tomorrow

meee! I have heard some rumours about what the 25 essay is abbout, they say that the essay will be about proteins but i am not sure, do you know something about this? (sorry for my English)
The CO2 bit is correct
The equation is
2Mno4- + 5C2O4- + 16H+ = 2Mn2+ and 10CO2 + 8H2O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mario64
Finally someone else who did the same as me! Do u think we are right or the others are?

There seems to be nobody that did the same as us, so maybe we ****ed up? :frown:
Whoops, I said the forward reaction is exothermic for the 3 mark question at the bottom, because my solution enthalpy calculated was exothermic. Would that be CE=0 or could I still potentially get a mark from it?
U..... are...... not ..... alone:smile:
Original post by frivolousfretter
Whoops, I said the forward reaction is exothermic for the 3 mark question at the bottom, because my solution enthalpy calculated was exothermic. Would that be CE=0 or could I still potentially get a mark from it?

you are correct.
C2O4 ---> CO2 +2e should work mate, it's a valid 1/2 equation

well done anyway. look out for unofficial markscheme if you care but keep your head down and focus on the next exams

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending