The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheSpanishGuy
meee! I have heard some rumours about what the 25 essay is abbout, they say that the essay will be about proteins but i am not sure, do you know something about this? (sorry for my English)

omd no i didn't hear anything. where did u hear this? i thought that it might be on ATP
gud luk
Original post by ssamarai
you are correct.

Oh right, really?! I calculated a negative solution enthalpy and so do did I apply that correctly then?
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
Trust me, avoid having to resit during your gap year at all costs 😂

Last exam tomorrow and then I'm free :3

Why not resit? I'm planning to...
Original post by HannahC-H
3 or 4 I'd say

Max 2. it was a 7 marker but therewas like 3 marks for the first 2 bits. Because you got the moles and equations right youd only lose 2
Would Zn/HNO3, blue be acceptable answers for that Cr2+ question? Didn't put solution and just guessed the acid
Original post by frivolousfretter
Whoops, I said the forward reaction is exothermic for the 3 mark question at the bottom, because my solution enthalpy calculated was exothermic. Would that be CE=0 or could I still potentially get a mark from it?

It was exo
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
Trust me, avoid having to resit during your gap year at all costs 😂

Last exam tomorrow and then I'm free :3

Bio 5?? And yhh chemistry has had me so stressed I won't even be happy I get an A on this exam. Made so many silly mistakes 😬 But I think I'll hopefully scrap an A* on this paper and it'll even out to an A overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
blue for Cr2+ (rather than blue solution) wouldn't be wrong? I thought it just said what was the colour observed
Tbh im looking at getting a c in chem so looks like ill be resitting. FeelsBadMan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Azzer11
There seems to be nobody that did the same as us, so maybe we ****ed up? :frown:

Are you talking about the enthalpy and entropy calculations? If so, you're right! We didn't **** up, the rest did
Original post by vinchy
Negative electrode: check cgp brown book pg 185
its the other way round

Negative electrode is the anode which is where oxidation occurs.
Original post by girl :D
It was exo

I mean, for the explain that question below it - was the forward reaction exothermic?
pretty sure you wouldn't have to put solution cos it already said that it was aqueous
Oh **** yeah, it asked for the enthalpy change of the reaction not the enthalpy of formation so you didn't have to divide by 2 lool
Original post by Aethrell
Would Zn/HNO3, blue be acceptable answers for that Cr2+ question? Didn't put solution and just guessed the acid

I'm pretty sure it said state the colour so hopefully you didn't have to mention solution. I wrote just blue too
Predicted grade boundaries for an A*? I think the exam wasn't piss easy but it wasn't insanely difficult either

There were a few traps like dividing the enthalpy stuff and the last questions. Also a lot of people lost marks on the first question for writing sulfur

Overall I think 83 A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2656
With the colour of the Cr2+ complex putting blue would be just fine I think as it only asked for the colour and not the physical state.
Is there an unofficial marks chem for either this or chem4?
Original post by Jabbasalacious
blue for Cr2+ (rather than blue solution) wouldn't be wrong? I thought it just said what was the colour observed

yeah agreed; solid.
Original post by frivolousfretter
I mean, for the explain that question below it - was the forward reaction exothermic?

yup im pretty sure because u get a value of -155 which is exothermic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending