The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wunderbarr
Ah Shieße I don't think I put + HCl :s-smilie:

ahh dont worry, it just said to draw the intermediates anyway! You're good!
Original post by sayshay
Edexcel enjoy watching us squirm. :'( Do you think it was easier than June 2015?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't really answer because I've honestly not done June 2015 :colondollar:

But I don't think this paper would have been too different, in terms of the style of questions answered (like nothing super new except [CuCl4]2- existing in hyper-dimensional space where it can have two different shapes at the same time in our 3 dimensions [Lol Edexcel]).
Definitely easier than last years paper!
The bit about melting point, is it to do with the internal hydrogen bonding?
Original post by lfcrules
or maybe it was disproprtionation??????? Cuz copper went from +2 and 0 on the left to +1 on the right

I went on to say it was 'reverse' disproportionation just to be sure
Original post by sayshay
Don please tell me that was a one marker

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe the equation itself was. If I'm not mistaken, I remember thinking "crap I don't know this" at first, so looked at the marks and I was relieved to see it was only 1 mark? But the bit after was deffo 2 marks :smile:
I didn't put equilibrium arrow for the sunglasses so fml lol. And that cisplatin bs, then why there's geometrical isomers. The very last cation and anion thing idk either. That's about it that I got wrong/not sure. Might have lost a few marks for writing question for not making the point they want me to make but oh well. Fingers crossed for 100% UMS but not sure tbh
Original post by razortoad
ahh dont worry, it just said to draw the intermediates anyway! You're good!

kk.JPG

Ain't no mention of HCl br0
Original post by oShahpo
The bit about melting point, is it to do with the internal hydrogen bonding?

I said 4-nitro packs better as it's more linear so stronger London forces.
Original post by Don Pedro K.
kk.JPG

HCl is for the oxidation of the alcohol group.
Reply 2210
Original post by Twin-v
I went on to say it was 'reverse' disproportionation just to be sure

Omg me too! I thought I was wrong
For that synthesis we only needed reagents and intermediate, so we didn't need HCl or reflux or any other bs
Original post by C0balt

The question came up in jan 2016. It's about more hydrogen bonding and internal hydrogen bonding I think, although I am not certain.
Original post by C0balt
I didn't put equilibrium arrow for the sunglasses so fml lol. And that cisplatin bs, then why there's geometrical isomers. The very last cation and anion thing idk either. That's about it that I got wrong/not sure. Might have lost a few marks for writing question for not making the point they want me to make but oh well. Fingers crossed for 100% UMS but not sure tbh

Haha yeah me too in the same areas (except the equilibrium thing). I think I got the one about a reason for why 3 steps is better wrong (I said uses less environmentally harmful chemicals) and the one about the problem of one isomer of the drug or whatever wrong :// I know for sure that I got the MCQ about the molecular formula wrong also. But on the whole, not too bad :smile:?!
Original post by C0balt

I thought it was because of steric hindrance due to the lone pairs on the delta negative oxygen and nitrogen being so close together so two hydrogen bonds couldnt form per molecule
Original post by C0balt
For that synthesis we only needed reagents and intermediate, so we didn't need HCl or reflux or any other bs

Can you remember the main Q in section B? how many were there (like big questions, not parts lol). Like the first one was about E cell and vanadium, etc.?
Original post by oShahpo
HCl is for the oxidation of the alcohol group.

In which step?
Original post by oShahpo
The question came up in jan 2016. It's about more hydrogen bonding and internal hydrogen bonding I think, although I am not certain.

I have no idea then, I didn't do Jan 2016 paper. Was it the same molecule?
Original post by Don Pedro K.
kk.JPG

I meant for the PCl5 reaction, sorry xD
Original post by C0balt

You tell 'em

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending