The Student Room Group

Wjec ch5 22 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wwwwwwwwwwwf
HCl at 0.1 mol which was W

and Ch3COOH (or w.e it was) at 0.001 which i think was Y but cant remember

wasnt it the 0.1 conc for the weak acid? I worked it out and the pH came to around 2.96, which coincided with the graph.
Original post by Firestartc
wasnt it the 0.1 conc for the weak acid? I worked it out and the pH came to around 2.96, which coincided with the graph.

It was 0.1 for both W and Y
I got 14% for copper as well :frown:
Original post by cfcforever

yea, i was correcting him

Graph A was strong acid starting at 1pH so was 0.1

Graph B was the weak acid starting at 3pH so was 0.001

-log(0.001) = 3
Reply 65
They gave you the value of ka so you had to work out conc of h+, which was around 3 for the 0.1 conc weak acid so i chose that one

-log(0.001) = 3

-log(0.001) = 3

It's a weak acid so it doesnt fully dissociate, you need to use Ka

-log(0.001) = 3

Can't work it out like that because it's a weak acid and so you have to use the Ka value etc :/

2nd one was 0.001 because graph started at 3pH -log(0.001) = 3
oh ic nvm then
Original post by sumeyyatontus
Can't work it out like that because it's a weak acid and so you have to use the Ka value etc :/

How sure are you that we will only lose one mark for the rate equation question which we both messed up on? Because we had to write down units also ?
How sure are you that we will only lose one mark for the rate equation question which we both messed up on? Because we had to write down units also ?

Well I'm not 100% sure but usually they'd give you both marks from error carried forward, as long as your Units were right for the rate equation you stated
Well I'm not 100% sure but usually they'd give you both marks from error carried forward, as long as your Units were right for the rate equation you stated

So if my answers for the question after were all correct including the units? How many marks do they usually drop you?
Got all of those same values apart from the Gibbs, forgot to convert the temperature :/

What was 4.9x10-5 the answer to?
What was 4.9x10-5 the answer to?

Oh I'm not sure about that one, I just meant for the ones that they'd given which question it was, but for the Kp value in question 3 I think I had 4 point something
I got 14% for copper as well :frown:

Dw lose a mark that's all due to error carried forward. I also had a 1183 or something for entropy because it was 8 molecules of water used and stuff so I multiplied the entropic by the molecules. Few marks gone there. As for the formation of BaCl2 I had a positive answer of 752. delta H equals all of them plus the enthalpy of formation and just rearranged them:/ don't know it'll it's right or whether it's error carried forward again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone use Cu (h2o)6 to cucl4 for the ligand substitution question? The 6 marker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhyss01
Did anyone use Cu (h2o)6 to cucl4 for the ligand substitution question? The 6 marker

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used the Cu(H2O)6 to Cu(NH3)4(h2O)2 one, but I'm pretty sure the one you used is also right and will get you the marks :smile:
:lolwut:
What did everyone put for the alkaline salt? I worked at the pH of the water and found it was like 6.2, so said the salt must be slightly alkali to counteract the acidity of the water?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending