The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry B (Salters) F334/F335 Exam Thread 2016 (14th/22nd June)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Real wavelengths of light:

Blue = 475nm
Green light = 510nm
Yellow light = 570nm
Orange light = 590nm
Red light = 650nm

As this was a reflectance spectrum and there was a wider trough about the blue wavelength than at the red wavelength, it is safe to assume that 'yellow/orange' will be on the mark scheme, with slight doubt about the colour green as the peak was closer to red than blue
What did people put for the appearance of the oxide of nitrogen? I put nitrogen dioxide would form which is a brown gas, would this be correct?
Original post by Huda musa
What did peoppe put for the appearance of the oxide of nitrogen? I put nitrogen dioxide would form which is a brown gas, would this be correct?

No it would be Nitrogen (I) Oxide . N2O. Colourless Gas so it was trick question

Posted from TSR Mobile
naming the inorganic compounds
what did u get
Does anyone have a copy of the paper that they could upload photos of?
How did people find it generally? Any chance I didn't do the whole Q5 and still get like an A??
Reply 746
Original post by iammarylee0000
How did people find it generally? Any chance I didn't do the whole Q5 and still get like an A??

I actually thought it was nicer than 2015, although I like calculation questions. Last year it was 98 for full UMS (around 80 for an A I think). Grade boundaries will probably be similar. So you can likely drop somewhere in the region of 35-40 marks and scrape an A. Q5 was like 23-25 marks so yeah if you've done the rest reasonably well you should be fine.
For the p.H question with NH4Cl in equilibrium was the p.H around 11? assumed to be correct since NH3 formed is basic.
agree, that's what I put

QUOTE=_MAT_;66009230]Cycic.png
I put this because it's not planar and I assumed that the nitrogen would form a trigonal pyramidal shape since it has three bonding pairs and one lone pair
Attachment not found
so it'd look a bit like this?
Original post by Larache
For the p.H question with NH4Cl in equilibrium was the p.H around 11? assumed to be correct since NH3 formed is basic.

I got around 11 from what I remember but I thought I got it wrong haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
I got around 11 from what I remember but I thought I got it wrong haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 11 too - don't think it's right
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?
OCR were quite nice this year!
Original post by Loyota
OCR were quite nice this year!

You're hilarious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
You're hilarious

Posted from TSR Mobile

The exams were equal to last year, if not easier. What was hard other than like 3 marks of calculations?
Original post by Dentistxo
I got 11 too - don't think it's right

I got 11 something too 😭
Guys do you remember the lattice enthalpy value one ?
Anyone remember the temperature one - min temperature or something?
Original post by Larache

i got 11.025 or something!
what did people put for the buffer solution? i was confused as to whether it was an acidic or alkali buffer because it had a value for Ka???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending