The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aegonsconquest
yeah so no mark for us i guess? :frown:

yes:frown:
Reply 3601
Original post by MrFantastisch
For the last question what did you get X =. ? I got 4.

yeah x=4
Original post by MrFantastisch
For the last question what did you get X =. ? I got 4.

I got 4 too! Other people on here got this as well :smile:
Original post by Jm098
-1099 for hydration?

I got that also, I made an equation something like this

DeltaH lat (-1750 ish) = 2(-320 ish) + (X) - (24)

2(-320 ish) as there were 2K+ ions

rearrange: -1750 (approx) + 640 (approx) + 24 = X which turned out to be -1099
(edited 7 years ago)
at least 90% of all of you and the people that sat the paper in my school got the last Q right (hefty 5 marker)

obvs man like me worked it all wrong and put down 2. ECF? nah
I somehow got 42 in the beginning and realised it was wrong so i changed it to x=4

Original post by Jm098
yeah x=4
Original post by Jm098
-1099 for hydration?

yeah i got that, haven't seen anyone else say they got this yet though
does anyone know the answer to the half cells and it asks when cu acts as an oxidising reagent and when it acts as a reducing agent. I remember you compare redox system 1 and 2 for one of them and then for the other you compare redox system 2 with every other redox system other than 1 and 2. Was this right?
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone got unofficial mark scheme going?
Can anyone remember what the value for lattic enthalpy was? I remember getting something close to but different to -1099 and I want to see where I might've gone wrong.
If i were a betting man, this would be the boundaries I'd bet on:

100-98; Max
90-92: A*
82-80: A
74-72: B
66-64: C

Agree? quote this with a yes.
Disagree? quote your reason and suggestion for boundaries?

if you ask me; I myself made a ton of silly mistakes, so I think the difficulty of the paper was slightly the same as last years', if not- a tiny bit harder. But, my opinion cant compare to the masses, so judging from everyone's reactions, the paper was easier than last years'.

If so, these would be the highest grade boundaries IN RECORDED HISTORY for an A2 F325 exam. We sat A2 chemistry not bloody btec level 1 cooking
I flopped that so badly
Original post by Golden hawk
does anyone know the answer to the half cells and it asks when cu acts as an oxidising reagent and when it acts as a reducing agent
But you're not taking into consideration how subjective papers can be for people.

There will be a change imo, and it will likely result in an increase of +1 or more. Im saying this is in the most unbiased way, its pointless having wishful thinking.

I do see where your coming from, but this isn't a very representative sample is it. A few people who've done very well gloating on a TSR forum. Top 10% of people get A*, do you think 1/10 people got 90/91/92 out of 100? I sure as **** don't
does anyone know the answer to the half cells and it asks when cu acts as an oxidising reagent and when it acts as a reducing agent

You could use any example from the 1-6 equations that showed Cu3+ either donating or accepting electrons.
I got -1099, Enthalpy change of hydration (SO4-2) - (2xK+) = lattice enthalpy + enthalpy change of solution then rearrange from there

Original post by steph-carys
Can anyone remember what the value for lattic enthalpy was? I remember getting something close to but different to -1099 and I want to see where I might've gone wrong.
(edited 7 years ago)
Is there a poll?
Original post by nicoleemmak
Was it not one was cis, then the other was trans and optical?

The drawing given was cis. Then you draw trans and optical of cis.
What were the answers to the the calculations in the paper?
Original post by Beta14
Yeah i got that too

Well I actually got around -1176 and most people are saying -1099 which I'm guessing is correct as the majority have it. And I can't see what I would've done to f up..

It was Cr

You just had to make one equation where Cr3+ acts as an oxidising agent (is reduced)
And one where Cr3+ acts as a reducing agent (is oxidised)
Using whatever appropriate other species you wanted

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending