The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beta14
I got -1099, Enthalpy change of hydration (SO4-2) - (2xK+) = lattice enthalpy + enthalpy change of solution then rearrange from there

Thanks! Must've been a calculator slip then...
Original post by aegonsconquest
yeah so no mark for us i guess? :frown:

Have your boundary predictions lowered a bit now lol?
Original post by k.russell
Bruh, there is no way in hell it's gonna be 100 or even 98 for full ums! It will be like 91/92 for full UMS even that is higher than an average paper, it was not easier than last years paper and what a load of cocky people say on the TSR 'z0mg ez paprer' is not actually what's true. I bet a lot of people dropped marks where they thought they didn't..

Not really. Last year was 95 full UMS as the guy said above. This years grade boundaries won't go down imo and if it does, it won't be by 4 marks.
I do see where your coming from, but this isn't a very representative sample is it. A few people who've done very well gloating on a TSR forum. Top 10% of people get A*, do you think 1/10 people got 90/91/92 out of 100? I sure as **** don't

ehh, youre right about TSR being a bad sample.

the best I can predict is +1 from last years' boundaries then

@biostudentx said this too
Original post by BioStudentx
Not really. Last year was 95 full UMS as the guy said above. This years grade boundaries won't go down imo and if it does, it won't be by 4 marks.

Ok think about everyone who does chemistry in your school (assuming your school is about average). Do you reckon 1/10 of them got over 90% on that exam?
Original post by steph-carys
Well I actually got around -1176 and most people are saying -1099 which I'm guessing is correct as the majority have it. And I can't see what I would've done to f up..

It might be the case that you didn't double the hydration of potassium...
I do see where your coming from, but this isn't a very representative sample is it. A few people who've done very well gloating on a TSR forum. Top 10% of people get A*, do you think 1/10 people got 90/91/92 out of 100? I sure as **** don't

Actually the number of A*s aren't constant. As i've had to explain to many people (multiple times). Last year 9.4% got an A*, another year only 8.3% got an A*. For chemistry, there has never been more than 9.4% getting an A* ( and that was last year!). Students are getting better but they don't want more and more people getting A*s so grade boundaries will become more and more unfair.
Original post by Serine Soul
Have your boundary predictions lowered a bit now lol?

I took into consideration lost marks before I even realised, so nope.
I think they'll be +1/+2 from last years'.
For the Half cell 6 marker there was literally only 2 reactions possible. 1 and 2,6 and 7.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LaraDresser

It seems like she did tbh. I think her mistake was with the 24 maybe?
Original post by HFancy1997
For the Half cell 6 marker there was literally only 2 reactions possible. 1 and 2,6 and 7.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is correct.
Actually the number of A*s aren't constant. As i've had to explain to many people (multiple times). Last year 9.4% got an A*, another year only 8.3% got an A*. For chemistry, there has never been more than 9.4% getting an A* ( and that was last year!). Students are getting better but they don't want more and more people getting A*s so grade boundaries will become more and more unfair.

Thank you for explaining this. I understand why people want lowered boundaries (believe me I'd kill for lower boundaries too) But its harsh reality.
Original post by joeteeeeee
If so, these would be the highest grade boundaries IN RECORDED HISTORY for an A2 F325 exam. We sat A2 chemistry not bloody btec level 1 cooking

:toofunny:

The point still stands even if the numbers aren't exact, I don't believe that 8.3% of my year group in chemistry got over 90% on that exam lol. Also my college consistently performs above average at chemistry. If you ask me, that paper was probably easier than any previous EEE paper APART from 2015, therefore I am expecting boundaries between 2014 and 2015 so somewhere around 92 or 93 for full ums. To say it will be higher than 95 for full ums is a complete and utter joke, especially when you consider that the crazy high ums from last year in EEE was probably caused, at least in part, by the crazy low ums in last years RPA, with 50/60 getting you 90/90UMS
Ok think about everyone who does chemistry in your school (assuming your school is about average). Do you reckon 1/10 of them got over 90% on that exam?

No, I don't think so, but I will assume that 7/10 got 67% or above
Original post by HFancy1997

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know you had to use Cr3+ in your answers... it was about using Cr3+ as a reducing or oxidising agent. Are we talking about the same question?
Is there an unofficial mark scheme or nah?
with 50/60 getting you 90/90UMS

Last year's paper caused an uproar due to the unfamiliarity of the questions. This year's paper had a more positive response.

There is deffo a correlation between grade boundaries and the opinions of students on their chem papers.
Original post by LaraDresser

Yes I think it's something to do with that, because first time round I drew my cycle incorrectly (someone was bloody playing the drums in the adjacent room and I couldn't hear myself think) and in the last few minutes of the exam I noticed and corrected it, but it must've had an affect on my calculation. Bummer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending