The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Cu(nh3)4(h2o)2
Original post by nicoleemmak
What was the answer to the very first question when you add ammonia to CuSO4 or something
Original post by tcameron
That paper made me cry.
Have no idea if I did well but I feel my chances of uni are blown
Hahahaha asif I thought I'd aim for A* at the beginning of A2

I'm in exactly the same boat, I didn't answer the last 4 pages as I ran out of time, and everyone is saying it was easy but I found it awfully hard and not like anything that I have seen before
Witha 2+ charge btw
Original post by nimoooooooo
Cu(nh3)4(h2o)2
Original post by nimoooooooo
Cu(nh3)4(h2o)2

Where does the H2O come from?
What was the first equation involving iodine and water(?) or oxygen (?)
Where does the H2O come from?

It's in aqueous solution so it is in water, this is the typical complex ion for when you add ammonia :smile:
Original post by MrZebraCookie
What was the first equation involving iodine and water(?) or oxygen (?)

I think there was one with Iodine and Hydrogen Peroxide, which was I2 + H2O2 -> I2O+H2O
Original post by GillyTheGhillie
Clearly not much if EVERYONE I have spoken to, including people who have done pretty much no revision, has said that it was probably the easiest paper they've ever done.

OPEN YOUR EYES AND READ. There are people on here who found it hard so don't be such a b****.
Overall the exam went okay I think, I messed up and didn't leave myself enough time for the 5 marker at the end and I also didn't have time to come back to the Q which asked me to come up with a reaction mechanism. I'm really kicking myself over those two things, but apart from that the exam went well I think.

How did everyone else find the exam?
Clearly not much if EVERYONE I have spoken to, including people who have done pretty much no revision, has said that it was probably the easiest paper they've ever done.

It doesn't even matter how 'easy' people found it. Every year there's those boys who say 'oh yeah it was piss easy' and end up with D/Es.
The easiest paper ever! It seems you haven't done much past papers we had some easier than this! No offense tho😊
Well, you should have revised then, everyone I have spoken to has said that it was an easy paper.

Paper was straight forward ... 81=A .. but come on its not cool to say to some1 that they should have been revising. Every1 is different and lets respect this fact. Keeping it neutral ...
it doesn't even matter how 'easy' people found it. Every year there's those boys who say 'oh yeah it was piss easy' and end up with d/es.

preach it girlfriend.
I think there was one with Iodine and Hydrogen Peroxide, which was I2 + H2O2 -> I2O+H2O

Are you sure? Was this the equation before you had to form an iodate ion equation?
Original post by LaraDresser
It's in aqueous solution so it is in water, this is the typical complex ion for when you add ammonia :smile:

Ahh I thought that was only when your adding it to Cu(H2O)6. Ah oh well it was only one mark
That exam was harder than last year. 78 for an A.
Agree it was harder than last year! But I think it's gonna be 80 for an A
Original post by rory58824
That exam was harder than last year. 78 for an A.
Ahh I thought that was only when your adding it to Cu(H2O)6. Ah oh well it was only one mark

As long as you put the correct colour i actually think that they will accept both [Cu(NH3)6]2+ OR [Cu(NH3)4(H20)2]2+ :smile:
Did anyone balance thr Au equation and I2 equations? They took soo long to do omg-.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HFancy1997
Did anyone balance thr Au equation and I2 equations? They took soo long to do omg-.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg! this was like 3 marks I was so confused do you remember what the reaction ended up being?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending