The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Baker1212
wait you have to bring in your own research into the exam for both section it only section a ?

Yep research needed for both sections.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Enron
That was ****
How did everyone find it? Thought it was a dream, question 1 and 4! Does anyone know if policies like the sugar tax are classed as application? Only problem with 4 was I found it hard to use example businesses
Original post by Crozzer24
How did everyone find it? Thought it was a dream, question 1 and 4! Does anyone know if policies like the sugar tax are classed as application? Only problem with 4 was I found it hard to use example businesses

Yep, that counts as application! Glad you found it good! :biggrin:

Those are the ones i chose! I imagine sugar tax is application, i wrote about fishing laws changing allowing an increase in fishing capacity to be increased as application... I also wrote about the EU JCB and Nissan.
Original post by ryanroks1
Yep, that counts as application! Glad you found it good! :biggrin:

I thought so but only problem was it said use businesses as an example! How did you find it?
Original post by splashywill
Those are the ones i chose! I imagine sugar tax is application, i wrote about fishing laws changing allowing an increase in fishing capacity to be increased as application... I also wrote about the EU JCB and Nissan.

I briefly mentioned Nissan in relation to the eu, I also used Harriet green at thomas cook for my counter-argument as to how success of the business is influenced by leadership
I briefly mentioned Nissan in relation to the eu, I also used Harriet green at thomas cook for my counter-argument as to how success of the business is influenced by leadership

Nice, sounds good. how'd you think you did overall?
I thought so but only problem was it said use businesses as an example! How did you find it?

I did question 2 and question 5 and thought they were pretty good! I wasn't sure on my examples for question 2 given it was a forward-looking question, but I tried my best to relate them to possible future developments and how growth isn't predicted to slow down.

Question 5 on leadership was almost identical to one I'd practised a few days before so I was very pleased!

I think my analysis on the whole was better than my application. I often felt like I was rushing towards the end of paragraphs - which is when I bring in examples because I used PAnEL - so they don't have as much depth as I'd have liked, but I couldn't have done any more in the time allocated. Hopefully still enough to secure good though!
For my second essay I ran out of time... I wrote one pretty solid point with analysis and evidence. 1 pretty crappy one and then a half decent evaluation.. How will this affect my mark?
Original post by splashywill
For my second essay I ran out of time... I wrote one pretty solid point with analysis and evidence. 1 pretty crappy one and then a half decent evaluation.. How will this affect my mark?

Well, in theory, you can get good application and good analysis in one paragraph if you meet the required standards. The others are there to show balance and in essence allow you to be able to evaluate afterwards. I'm not too sure how the examining team view two paragraphs because in theory you've presented a balanced argument and could've demonstrated good analysis and good application - maybe they might scale you to the bottom of the band for not having much of it, I guess it just depends how strong that paragraph was.

If you've evaluated throughout and have a half decent evaluation at the end, you could still potentially get good for that too. Not all hope is lost - many people would have done the same given the time pressure BUSS4 entails.
Original post by ryanroks1
I did question 2 and question 5 and thought they were pretty good! I wasn't sure on my examples for question 2 given it was a forward-looking question, but I tried my best to relate them to possible future developments and how growth isn't predicted to slow down.

Question 5 on leadership was almost identical to one I'd practised a few days before so I was very pleased!

I think my analysis on the whole was better than my application. I often felt like I was rushing towards the end of paragraphs - which is when I bring in examples because I used PAnEL - so they don't have as much depth as I'd have liked, but I couldn't have done any more in the time allocated. Hopefully still enough to secure good though!

Sounds good! Yeah I thought the section A questions were really nice, got enough examples in and my analysis was sound, always feel like my analysis is better than application
For question 4 (UK Government one) I think I completely answered it wrong.

I spoke about how culture determines business success, then how differentiation (competitive advantage) determines business success and then the UK Government.

Will I literally get no marks?
Reply 795
How much leverage do you have with bull *****ting situations and how businesses are affected. Do the examiners actually check all the suff is correct?
Did anyone write about how losing a charismatic leader/founder may have a bad effect of business performance ?
Original post by JustAPye
For question 4 (UK Government one) I think I completely answered it wrong.

I spoke about how culture determines business success, then how differentiation (competitive advantage) determines business success and then the UK Government.

Will I literally get no marks?

No that's fine you've just argued how business success Is determined, as long as you made a point for government influencing success then you'll be fine
Did anyone do question 3 if so what did you write

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 799
Original post by julistha
For both section you have to use your own business examples but for section A you have to use the one given in the question as well

For section A you do not need to use the example given as long as you have your own examples. This is specifically stated in Tutor2U videos I'm sure. I think you are meant to reference the item, but you do not have to use the business.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending