The Student Room Group

A-Level Results Day 2016

I know i'm not the only one when i say i am nervous as hell for results day. I really really want to get into Durham but am just so scared when i find out that its not the case.

I don't know how some people can be so calm after exams and not get worried!

I know i cannot change anything now but my exams did not go as well as i wanted them to be but a part of that is my fault.

ughhhh i feel so depressed :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I know how you feel. Durham was my firm choice last year and I didn't get in. :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by eden3
I know how you feel. Durham was my firm choice last year and I didn't get in. :frown:

Awh i'm so sorry to hear that. :frown: what were you planning to study? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by tilly5798
Awh i'm so sorry to hear that. :frown: what were you planning to study? :smile:

Medicine... it's ok just guess it wasn't meant to be.
Reply 4
Original post by eden3
Medicine... it's ok just guess it wasn't meant to be.

Oh right.ll well i guess there are many other great places to study medicine, plus its so competitive..
Did you get into your insurance ?
Reply 5
Oh right.ll well i guess there are many other great places to study medicine, plus its so competitive..
Did you get into your insurance ?

Yeah, my insurance isn't exactly a great uni but it's alright.

Unfortunately I don't have any real advice for you :frown: I totally get your anxiety.. just try not to overthink it or stress yourself up about it - like you said, there's nothing you can do now & you probably did better than you thought. Just enjoy your summer holiday :smile: It's not even July yet! :tongue:
Reply 6
I feel exactly the same 😣 2/3 went well and 1 went horrificly 😣 i almost went for duhram but prefered Lancaster on visits so worried ill not get the grades now!
Reply 7
Original post by eden3
Yeah, my insurance isn't exactly a great uni but it's alright.

Unfortunately I don't have any real advice for you :frown: I totally get your anxiety.. just try not to overthink it or stress yourself up about it - like you said, there's nothing you can do now & you probably did better than you thought. Just enjoy your summer holiday :smile: It's not even July yet! :tongue:

Thank you, i am glad you're happy where you are now!
Reply 8
Original post by Abbey15
I feel exactly the same 😣 2/3 went well and 1 went horrificly 😣 i almost went for duhram but prefered Lancaster on visits so worried ill not get the grades now!

What were you planning to study at Durham?
Reply 9
What were you planning to study at Durham?

History 😋
I know i'm not the only one when i say i am nervous as hell for results day. I really really want to get into Durham but am just so scared when i find out that its not the case.

I know i cannot change anything now but my exams did not go as well as i wanted them to be but a part of that is my fault.

I feel exactly the same way, university choice and all. I know my exams didn't go as I hoped, and people keep telling me to stay calm... I can't change anything now. But that doesn't stop the feeling ill and nightmares about results day... knowing that I could have done better.
I hope you get the results you want and get into Durham. (Even if like me you doubt you will... I guess we just have to believe in ourselves and try our best not to worry as much). At the end of the day I am sure we will be happy wherever we go... if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be. (I say this but...)

The frustration is real...:angry::unimpressed::afraid::argh:

Same here, but for Cardiff... I'm 80% sure I haven't got in :cry2:
I remember your fears over results day last year and that worked out ok - try not to overthink it (easier said than done I know). Got everything crossed for you. I remember the stress and worry from my wait in 2014!
Original post by emiloujess
Same here, but for Cardiff... I'm 80% sure I haven't got in :cry2:
Original post by AmyPilot
I remember your fears over results day last year and that worked out ok - try not to overthink it (easier said than done I know). Got everything crossed for you. I remember the stress and worry from my wait in 2014!

Oh hello again :biggrin: Yeah they were but I need higher grades this year and I know 100% I didn't write enough for SCLY4 :/ Hopefully I am wrong again!
Sure it will be fine. I remember SCLY4 from my year - weird paper (think it included a question on green crime which was half a page in the text book lol - got 100UMS in the end and an A*) (gosh I miss A levels and sociology lol). Afraid to say uni is tougher. Keep smiling :smile:
Oh hello again :biggrin: Yeah they were but I need higher grades this year and I know 100% I didn't write enough for SCLY4 :/ Hopefully I am wrong again!
Sure it will be fine. I remember SCLY4 from my year - weird paper (think it included a question on green crime which was half a page in the text book lol - got 100UMS in the end and an A*) (gosh I miss A levels and sociology lol). Afraid to say uni is tougher. Keep smiling :smile:

I wrote a page and a half for the 33 marker which was on Postmodernism and then the 18 marker was state crime :'( which I wrote half a page on... argh. My only hope is if I get an A in Psychology and then the huge issue is Film.
My answers were always brief and to the point, at least compared to everyone else in my class, so it's hard to judge quality by the length of your answers. Some may write more but it may well be all waffle! Hopefully it will all work out. What grades do you need?
I wrote a page and a half for the 33 marker which was on Postmodernism and then the 18 marker was state crime :'( which I wrote half a page on... argh. My only hope is if I get an A in Psychology and then the huge issue is Film.
My answers were always brief and to the point, at least compared to everyone else in my class, so it's hard to judge quality by the length of your answers. Some may write more but it may well be all waffle! Hopefully it will all work out. What grades do you need?

I wrote waffle for what I did write though... hopefully my A from last year plus my SCLY3 exam (which was lovely) will balance it to a B :/ I need ABB, and even if I did get the A in Psych I cannot have got a B in Film... :frown:How did you cope with the wait? It's huuuuuggggge.
Well it sounds like the other bits of sociology will help you out - will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. I mostly coped by denying it was happening lol - I was terrified about the prospect of going to uni (seems slightly silly now 2 years in but I was). Also I am famous for forgetting what was even on the exam paper so it was hard to torment myself about what I had written. I did 4 A levels too which meant I had an extra shot at getting the 3 grades I needed (which were also ABB same as you). There is also the chance that Cardiff my bend the offer and let you in if it's a near miss,

I wrote waffle for what I did write though... hopefully my A from last year plus my SCLY3 exam (which was lovely) will balance it to a B :/ I need ABB, and even if I did get the A in Psych I cannot have got a B in Film... :frown:How did you cope with the wait? It's huuuuuggggge.
Well it sounds like the other bits of sociology will help you out - will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. I mostly coped by denying it was happening lol - I was terrified about the prospect of going to uni (seems slightly silly now 2 years in but I was). Also I am famous for forgetting what was even on the exam paper so it was hard to torment myself about what I had written. I did 4 A levels too which meant I had an extra shot at getting the 3 grades I needed (which were also ABB same as you). There is also the chance that Cardiff my bend the offer and let you in if it's a near miss,

I can't remember what I wrote but I can remember how much :frown: I hope they let me in if I do get ABC again...

Quick Reply

Latest