The Student Room Group

C3 edexcel june 2016 unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Calculations were 2.4 and 12.5 or something like that :P
You know for that ethyl ethanoate question with the drawings of the others and blank space in between. I'm pretty sure it said to write down the formula not to draw it
Reply 62
Original post by niichola.
You know for that ethyl ethanoate question with the drawings of the others and blank space in between. I'm pretty sure it said to write down the formula not to draw it

yeah it did say formula, but using that I think it meant the drawing. They would never have a written answer surrounded by drawing it defies chemistry. You don't inter join text and symbol equations?
Original post by Nightcore Lore
I put
Pb- - e -> Pb2
would that get a mark

That's two marks down the drain. Gr8.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B1uescorpion
I put NH4+ and ammonium too but think the answer was OH- since that's what makes it alkali. Not sure though.

I did for the first part name the ion:
Ammonium hydroxide

Second part was name the formula:
(Picture) because.. NH4 is + and OH is -

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amanii_ox
That's two marks down the drain. Gr8.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For me btw, not u :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey can someone please help me out here? I wanted to ask, if I did not do as well as I expected on one of the further science papers but I got an A* in the coursework, would my coursework make up for that one bad grade? E.g a C/B
Original post by Bilal1010
Hey can someone please help me out here? I wanted to ask, if I did not do as well as I expected on one of the further science papers but I got an A* in the coursework, would my coursework make up for that one bad grade? E.g a C/B

coursework is equivalent to one exam because of the way UMS are counted. An A* in coursework is 72 UMS and so is an A* in an exam. You need overall 288 UMS for an A*
Original post by itsdatboy
I went through it with my teacher and I got about 45/60 which is a definite B, so happy :biggrin:

That's an A, last year it was 41 to get an A and 46 for an A*
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by amanii_ox
I did for the first part name the ion:
Ammonium hydroxide

Second part was name the formula:
(Picture) because.. NH4 is + and OH is -

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was hydroxide only. It depends on the examiner you get. However, you'll most likely not get any marks as ammonium hydroxide is a totally different thing. Sorry :/
Original post by astronomer99
coursework is equivalent to one exam because of the way UMS are counted. An A* in coursework is 72 UMS and so is an A* in an exam. You need overall 288 UMS for an A*

Okay thank you
If I got 55/60 in B1, 47/60 in B2 and 50/60 in B3, with an A* on my controlled assessment (45/60) what grade would I be looking at for biology?
On the last 6 marker, I explained 3 substances (the alkenes, alkanes and ethanol can acid) however I didn't have time to identify the alcohol. How many marks do you think I may lose? For the alkenes, I said about the bromine test, how double bonds can join up to other monomers during polymerisation, and that it was a hydrocarbon, for that alkane, I mentioned the bromine water test and it was a hydrocarbon, and for ethanoic acid I said it contained oxygen and when I reacts with magnesium it fizzes indicating hydrogen gas is produced and when it reacts with sodium carbonate it fizzes due to carbon dioxide gas being produced. However I didn't have time to say about alcohol, so now I'm worried. How many marks do you think I can get?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by Liv123456789
On the last 6 marker, I explained 3 substances (the alkenes, alkanes and ethanol can acid) however I didn't have time to identify the alcohol. How many marks do you think I may lose? For the alkenes, I said about the bromine test, how double bonds can join up to other monomers during polymerisation, and that it was a hydrocarbon, for that alkane, I mentioned the bromine water test and it was a hydrocarbon, and for ethanoic acid I said it contained oxygen and when I reacts with magnesium it fizzes indicating hydrogen gas is produced and when it reacts with sodium carbonate it fizzes due to carbon dioxide gas being produced. However I didn't have time to say about alcohol, so now I'm worried. How many marks do you think I can get?

(It's the alcohol which can react with oxygen in the air to PRODUCE ethanoic acid btw)

I think 2 or 3 marks are given for identifying the correct substances and the other half are for giving valid reasons. Hmm..

maybe, I think you got 4 marks? ;;;
don't worry about it too much! :h:
Reply 74
Original post by FenixZ
yeah it did say formula, but using that I think it meant the drawing. They would never have a written answer surrounded by drawing it defies chemistry. You don't inter join text and symbol equations?

I agree, they were referring to the structural formula.
What was the question for first multiple choice with the water?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending