The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HFancy1997
Think I got

6OH- +3I2 -----> 5I- +IO3- +3H2O

Posted from TSR Mobile

yh got that as well :smile:
for the iodate redox equation, I used H2O as a reactant and got the balanced equation fine, producing OH-, but a lot of people used OH- as the reactant: I thought I read that OH- were produced in the question? Could someone clarify, I'm probably wrong, but I'm just kicking myself over losing marks by misreading the question
Original post by Noah T
for the iodate redox equation, I used H2O as a reactant and got the balanced equation fine, producing OH-, but a lot of people used OH- as the reactant: I thought I read that OH- were produced in the question? Could someone clarify, I'm probably wrong, but I'm just kicking myself over losing marks by misreading the question

Im sure they said it was under alkaline under alkaline conditions so OH- is a reactant, not sure what the mark scheme would say though
could someone just quickly explain that 3 marker on Au reacting with O2 and some other reactants, I dont remember it!
I pretty much couldn't do any of it but what did you get for the last question guysssssssssssss?
Unofficial Markscheme?? Any links??
I did the same thing as you did! like putting the OH- at the product side lol
Original post by d14m
So I thought I did okay in that exam up until reading through this thread :smile:

Glad I'm not the only one...crying on the inside :smile:
Does anyone have any predictions about marks for a grade C and can someone explain the whole UMS points things to me?
Original post by clong551
I did the same thing as you did! like putting the OH- at the product side lol

Hopefully we'll still get the marks, they were in aqueous solution so water was a valid reactant, and we formed hydroxide ions so the conditions must have been alkaline :smile:
Reply 3790
Does anyone roughly remember the number of marks for each question.. Acc dying right now. Messed up te buffer and last calculation 😭😭😭
Just going to throw out some numbers that are on my calculator and see if they ring a bell with anyone:

2.9 x10^-2

Anyone recognise these?
Reply 3792
Original post by TJB12345
Just going to throw out some numbers that are on my calculator and see if they ring a bell with anyone:

2.9 x10^-2

Anyone recognise these?

Yeah all of them haha
Original post by Jm098
Yeah all of them haha

Great! Unless they're wrong in which case we're both f*cked.
Reply 3794
Does anyone remember the numbers involved in the kc question?
Yh! But I don't remember 10.68 I have a rubbish short term memory what was the q for 10.68
Original post by Jm098
Yeah all of them haha
Would you get the mark for just saying I2 doesn't form hydrogen bonds or do you have to put it doesn't form hydrogen bonds because it's non-polar?
Original post by student.1997
Would you get the mark for just saying I2 doesn't form hydrogen bonds or do you have to put it doesn't form hydrogen bonds because it's non-polar?

That's what I put
Original post by nimoooooooo
Yh! But I don't remember 10.68 I have a rubbish short term memory what was the q for 10.68

Not a clue mate, my memory's probably even worse. It was the last maths question before the one where x=4.
Original post by TJB12345

2.9 x10^-2

Anyone recognise these?

All of them are correct except it's 10.67:3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending