The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Sorry to interrupt the exam discussion, but I'm finally done with my A-level Chemistry and I feel like I'm quite possibly going to be getting my target grade.

A big thank you to @samb1234, @Don Pedro K., @sabahshahed294, @C0balt and everyone on this thread for all the help!

Best of luck with other exams and until results! :biggrin:
Original post by Ayman!
Sorry to interrupt the exam discussion, but I'm finally done with my A-level Chemistry and I feel like I'm quite possibly going to be getting my target grade.

A big thank you to @samb1234, @Don Pedro K., @sabahshahed294, @C0balt and everyone on this thread for all the help!

Glad to hear, well done :biggrin: No problem, I didn't get to help as much as I did last year but glad to have been of some help anyway. Thanks and gl with your remaining exams too
Any predictions for grade boundaries? :smile:
Original post by setarcos
Any predictions for grade boundaries? :smile:

unit 4 A* 77
unit 5 A* 79
Original post by lfcrules
unit 4 A* 77
unit 5 A* 79

Maybe slightly lower? considering that there were a lot of trick questions that caught quite a few people. I think maybe 77 for an A* in unit 5 and unit 4 was definitely a lot more difficult than last year so maybe around 75 for an A*.
Reply 2285
For the synthesis 5 marker, did the questions say write equations for each step? Because I only wrote the intermediates and regents for the steps :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ayman!

No problem, glad it went well for you and best of luck for those last few exams and what ever else you go on to do.
Reply 2287
It was okay, a few hard questions, don't think boundaries will be as high as expected
Original post by Benberisha
Is that hamzy from Ealing? I got 6 aswell. What's did you draw for the cucl4 2-? I drew the tetrahedral the read the question and drew it as square planar whilst knowing that's wrong...also what did you put for the electrode for oh- fuel cell?

Yeah ahaha. Well I knew its usually tetrahedral but I drew square planar as it has the same shape as the platinum thingy. The OH- fuel cell the MC I put platinum and KOH but think thats wrong
Original post by Hamzy45
Yeah ahaha. Well I knew its usually tetrahedral but I drew square planar as it has the same shape as the platinum thingy. The OH- fuel cell the MC I put platinum and KOH but think thats wrong

In the official Edexcel and the George Facer it says platinum should be used for alkaline fuel cell.
Reply 2290
Original post by Crespo0008
Do you remember your method?

Find moles in titre

1:2 ratio, so divide moles by 2 giving you moles of paracetamol in 20cm^3.

Multiply by 5 giving you moles in 100cm^3, then multiply by Mr giving you mass of paracetamol.

Divide by 0.5g and multiply by 100 giving % mass (95.13%).
Original post by highschool
Also how are there 6 compounds? Wouldn't the 1 - methyl, 2,4 -nitrobenzene be the same compound as 1-methyl, 4,6 nitrobenzene? I put down 4 because they didn't ask for isomers they asked for compounds so I thought different unique compounds.

1-methyl ...

2,3 / 2,4 / 2,5 / 2,6 / 3,4 / 3,5

... dinitrobenzene
HAHAHAHAHHA found an nmr simulator and it turns out 2-amonopropanoic acid and 3-aminopropanoic acid do actually have one peak at different chemical shifts , they better accept this !!!!!!!!!!
Do you guys think potassium chloride would be ok for the salt bridge question. Also what was the problem with only making 1 isomer.
Original post by crimson1234
Do you guys think potassium chloride would be ok for the salt bridge question. Also what was the problem with only making 1 isomer.

Yeah potassium chloride should be fine. Problem with producing only one isomer is that it requires seperation form the racemic mixture whch is expensive wastes time etc. To avoid this they use stereospecific techniques which produce one isomer only
which electrode cell values did people use as there are 2 values for I- ions in the data book?!
Original post by scrlk
Find moles in titre

1:2 ratio, so divide moles by 2 giving you moles of paracetamol in 20cm^3.

Multiply by 5 giving you moles in 100cm^3, then multiply by Mr giving you mass of paracetamol.

Divide by 0.5g and multiply by 100 giving % mass (95.13%).

I did the titre then like an idiot times by 2 instead of divided and then times by Mr and divided by 0.5 to get like 76% how many marks do you reckon I'd get?
Original post by yaplonker
Don't think so last years paper was way easier and it was 74 for an A* you are off by a lot

I really do hope you're right, but it's been 80 for a* twice before and I don't see this being any different. But I do hope you're right.
Original post by SRR3456
which electrode cell values did people use as there are 2 values for I- ions in the data book?!

The one it gave you in the table?
Reply 2299
Original post by Crespo0008
I did the titre then like an idiot times by 2 instead of divided and then times by Mr and divided by 0.5 to get like 76% how many marks do you reckon I'd get?

Probably drop around 1-2 marks + error carried forwards for both mistakes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending