The Student Room Group

AQA CHEM5 unofficial MS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vish.handa
I put sulfur for the first question, I'm guessing i'd still get covalent mark but was there anything that specified it be p4O10? Dont think I read it properly

The question said Na to P :c
Original post by skylake
2Na + 2H2O --> 2NaOH + H2

Original post by EverydayHell
I did that, what did you put?

cheers, noted.

dunno how i dropped a decent few marks on periodicity Qs i was too hyped to get into the meat of it. I put down S instead of P jesus christ
Original post by vish.handa
I put sulfur for the first question, I'm guessing i'd still get covalent mark but was there anything that specified it be p4O10? Dont think I read it properly

Me too, I didn't read anything that specified it was phosphorus, but I am prone to stupid errors 😂
Original post by Azzer11
Should have got around the 85-90 mark, taking into account the enthalpy questions that I messed up and a few other silly mistakes.

nice one. u going for A*?
i think ill just be happy to sit on my AS UMS and get an A. A-levels have tired me out now
The question said Na to P :c

Oh okay well at least got the covalent mark , just shame I didnt read properly haha
Original post by Anam
What did you all put for the autocatalyst qs where it said identify the catalyst?

Original post by JCleggy
Yeah the autocatalysis question needs adding^

Cheers.
Original post by Adam240598
Me too, I didn't read anything that specified it was phosphorus, but I am prone to stupid errors 😂

Well hopefully we can get a follow through mark for making correct equation for h2so3 (or is that too hopeful of aqa :wink: )
For Q I said NH3 not in excess and the gas produced was NH4+, do you think this could still be right?
Original post by hi-zen-berg
nice one. u going for A*?
i think ill just be happy to sit on my AS UMS and get an A. A-levels have tired me out now

I was hoping for an A*, although I'm not so sure after that horrible Chem4. And yeah aha I agree, I have just 2 more left and then freedom! :smile:
cheers, noted.

dunno how i dropped a decent few marks on periodicity Qs i was too hyped to get into the meat of it. I put down S instead of P jesus christ

I did sulfur too haha I feel the pain
For Q I said NH3 not in excess and the gas produced was NH4+, do you think this could still be right?

Don't know about that mate.. don't think so I'm afraid.
Think your value of G is wrong, iirc it was around 185.5KJmol^-1 (I did not divide by 2).
Nvm your value is probably correct, I didn't realise it was in degrees :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Azzer11
I was hoping for an A*, although I'm not so sure after that horrible Chem4. And yeah aha I agree, I have just 2 more left and then freedom! :smile:

loool im personally worried about missing my offer due to maths slipping to a B so don't have the luxury of thinking about A*s rn

BIOL5 and D1 by any chance??

No that will not gain marks. Correct answer was a reagent containing carbonate ions, NH4+ will not exist by itself, and most compounds it forms are solids.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Just for my own knowledge why not?

Sorry put an explanation above^. NH4+ does not exist by itself, and the compounds it forms are solids (usually salts).

Posted from TSR Mobile
loool im personally worried about missing my offer due to maths slipping to a B so don't have the luxury of thinking about A*s rn

BIOL5 and D1 by any chance??

Biol5 tomorrow and Edexcel C4 on Friday :afraid:
Thanks for the unofficial mark scheme! Calculated and been harsh got approx 86 :biggrin: I'm happy!
did the hydrogen oxygen fuel cell have to be in any order?!! Did it say positive negative electrode because i just did whatever order?? how many marks you think ill loose?
what do you think the grade boundaries will be like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending