The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C3 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Runningluke
I don't think it does apply to me

"to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure 71/72 on a c3 paper is evidence of "great intellect""

I didn't say it did

"obviously people bragging about their mark are nobs, but some people are just a bit oblivious; telling him to die in a hole because he's happy about his performance is a bit much"

I didn't say anything about him dying, let alone in a hole. Like i said, you might be replying to the wrong person

let me explain this more carefully

Someone said
"I guess his great intellect doesn't span to social etiquette"
and in reply you said
"it rarely does"
and I explained that a good c3 grade doesn't mean you have great intellect, so your comment's a bit irrelevant.

You also said
"I think the guy is an ass ... he shouldn't brag about it"
and I explained that he doesn't appear to be bragging, he's probably just happy, so he's probably not an ass. The "die in a hole" comment was a subsidiary point.

I'm surprised I had to explain all that. I guess those compound sentences can be confusing.
That's a bit unnecessary, Banana.

You did address him in such a way as to suggest that he'd told the other guy to die in a hole, and then stated "you said great intellect doesn't correlate with social skills", which again, he didn't.
Be nice.
Original post by WhiteBison
That's a bit unnecessary, Banana.

You did address him in such a way as to suggest that he'd told the other guy to die in a hole, and then stated "you said great intellect doesn't correlate with social skills", which again, he didn't.
Be nice.

calling people asses is unnecessary, yet you agreed with him. don't get it twisted m8

whether I suggested it or not is irrelevant - the post still applied to him and he would have realised that if he had read it more carefully

lol, you must struggle with reading as well. Saying "it rarely does" in response to "his great intellect doesn't span to social etiquette" is virtually equivalent to that statement. It's called paraphrasing.
Original post by StrangeBanana
calling people asses is unnecessary, yet you agreed with him. don't get it twisted m8

whether I suggested it or not is irrelevant - the post still applied to him and he would have realised that if he had read it more carefully

lol, you must struggle with reading as well. Saying "it rarely does" in response to "his great intellect doesn't span to social etiquette" is virtually equivalent to that statement. It's called paraphrasing.

When it warrants it, I don't see anything wrong with calling someone out. He called someone out, and you're... calling him out for calling someone out?

Mmkay.

Also you used the word "nob" to describe the same guy. Is nob acceptable but ass a conversation-worthy insult?

Again, roiiiiight. Also, that's not what paraphrasing is.

This is a silly conversation and I think we all have exams to revise for. I don't think either of us were expecting the Spanish Inquisition when we posted. :u:

Tl;dr: Girls you're both pretty.
When it warrants it, I don't see anything wrong with calling someone out. He called someone out, and you're... calling him out for calling someone out?

Mmkay.

...yes, because I'm saying that it didn't warrant it.

Also you used the word "nob" to describe the same guy. Is nob acceptable but ass a conversation-worthy insult?

Um, no, I didn't. The guy wasn't bragging about his marks, so my 'nob' comment doesn't apply to him.

Again, roiiiiight. Also, that's not what paraphrasing is.

My comment wasn't contentious - anyone who can read properly would agree with it, regardless of how sarcastic you want to be. And yes, yes it is. Look up the definition.

This is a silly conversation and I think we all have exams to revise for. I don't think either of us were expecting the Spanish Inquisition when we posted. :u:

It's silly because I've had to explain basic English to near-adults. lol if you don't want to be corrected don't chat **** in the first place
(edited 7 years ago)
*Le sigh*.
...yes, because, I'm saying that it didn't warrant it.

You're saying that Luke calling someone an ass for said person announcing that he thought the paper was easy, when other people were clearly distraught, is unreasonable to you? Or even conversation worthy?

Um, no, I didn't. The guy wasn't bragging about his marks, so my 'nob' comment doesn't apply to him. My comment wasn't contentious - anyone who can read properly would agree with it, regardless of how sarcastic you want to be.

Aha, okay well, I'll leave that for other people to judge I guess.

And yes, yes it is. Look up the definition.

K. "To express the meaning of (something written or spoken) using different words, especially to achieve greater clarity." And what did he say? "It rarely does". That's simply agreeing with a previous statement. That's not paraphrasing. If Bill says "Hey Jim is it recycling today?", followed by Jim saying "yes", it isn't Jim paraphrasing Bill. He's just said yes.
Sheesh you've even got me indulging in your pedantic analysis. Feels bad man.

I'm sorry, but if you're going to call people children for their linguistics, at least check that you're correct before doing so.

Aaaaanyway, take it as a personal victory if you want but I haven't the time for this. I wish you good luck on C4 - doubtless you're going to do very well. :smile:
PEACE.
(edited 7 years ago)
I thought this was a maths thread?? Not sociology crap
You're saying that Luke calling someone an ass for said person announcing that he thought the paper was easy, when other people were clearly distraught, is unreasonable to you? Or even conversation worthy?

Where did he say it was easy? As for conservation-worthy, I didn't start this one - you decided to jump in.

Aha, okay well, I'll leave that for other people to judge I guess.

indeed

K. "To express the meaning of (something written or spoken) using different words, especially to achieve greater clarity." And what did he say? "It rarely does". That's simply agreeing with a previous statement. That's not paraphrasing. If Bill says "Hey Jim is it recycling today?", followed by Jim saying "yes", it isn't Jim paraphrasing Bill. He's just said yes.Sheesh you've even got me indulging in your pedantic analysis. Feels bad man.I'm sorry, but if you're going to call people children for their linguistics, at least check that you're correct before doing so.

I was paraphrasing him.

Guess you jumped the gun a little too early, there, buddy

Aaaaanyway, take it as a personal victory if you want but I haven't the time for this.

"Roiiight". :rolleyes:
(edited 7 years ago)
As everything you've just posted contradicts your earlier self, why not just let whoever's reading decide. :u:
(Taking the bait here I know).

I was paraphrasing him.

"Saying "it rarely does" in response to "his great intellect doesn't span to social etiquette" is virtually equivalent to that statement. It's called paraphrasing." -you
Clearly stating that "it rarely does" is a paraphrase of the latter, and now backtracking: lol #1

As for conservation-worthy, I didn't start this one - you decided to jump in.

"You said great intellect doesn't correlate with social skills, and you said the guy was an ass for being happy about his mark. It applies to you as well." "Guess those compound sentences can be confusing." "I've had to explain basic English to near-adults. lol if you don't want to be corrected don't chat **** in the first place." -all you
Jumping in first, not moi, and then being condescending while being incorrect as I've just shown: lol #2

"Roiiight". :rolleyes:

Being condescending again with 0 to show for it: lol #3

My estimations of you have fallen pretty quickly. Post something with substance in response to this please instead of rhetoric, and then we can go our separate ways.
(edited 7 years ago)
As everything you've just posted contradicts your earlier self, why not just let whoever's reading decide. :u:
(Taking the bait here I know).

huh, I guess you do have time after all

"Saying "it rarely does" in response to "his great intellect doesn't span to social etiquette" is virtually equivalent to that statement. It's called paraphrasing." -you
Clearly stating that "it rarely does" is a paraphrase of the latter, and now backtracking: lol #1

Meh, I could have worded it better. I was talking about me, but you can believe what you want.

"You said great intellect doesn't correlate with social skills, and you said the guy was an ass for being happy about his mark. It applies to you as well." "Guess those compound sentences can be confusing." "I've had to explain basic English to near-adults. lol if you don't want to be corrected don't chat **** in the first place." -all youJumping in first, not moi, and then being condescending while being incorrect as I've just shown: lol #2

I was having a conversation with the runningluke guy, not with you, and you jumped in telling me to "be nice"

My estimations of you have fallen pretty damn quickly.
Well, I'm heart-broken.
Post something with substance in response to this please instead of rhetoric, and then we can go our separate ways.

lol this whole argument is just you misinterpreting what I'm saying, you're free to stop at any point
(edited 7 years ago)
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you all wanna complain and moan, do it on Facebook and Twitter like everyone else.
This is a place to moan about getting 98% instead of 100%, not this :mmm:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leechayy
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you all wanna complain and moan, do it on Facebook and Twitter like everyone else.
This is a place to moan about getting 98% instead of 100%, not this :mmm:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm genuinely sorry but the salt train cannot be stopped.

huh, I guess you do have time after all

Meh, I could have worded it better. I was talking about me, but you can believe what you want.

I was having a conversation with the runningluke guy, not with you, and you jumped in telling me to "be nice"

Well, I'm heart-broken.

lol this whole argument is just you misinterpreting what I'm saying, you're free to stop at any point

Oh.
OH.
This is beautiful.

"Those compound sentences can be confusing". "lol, you must struggle with reading". "I've had to explain basic English to near-adults". -you
And then you put all your inaccuracies and self-contradictions down to "wording"? "I could've worded it better"?

You take the greatest liberties to be condescending over this stuff, and that's your retort? You can't English? Comedy gold.

So at this point, either you were wrong, or alternatively, you're bad at "the English", that you're so proud of, and that's a fact. Either one is fine by me.
I think you should stop being condescending on the internet; It's not working out very well for you.
How about you all just shut up because this thread is about the exam not your petty quarrels???
x

Dun worry man, I got your back if this gets physical.

Also, wassup ma N.... Nickel.
Original post by jakeshaw97
How about you all just shut up because this thread is about the exam not your petty quarrels???

Go ahead. We're sorry. :biggrin:

dead joke

"Those compound sentences can be confusing". "lol, you must struggle with reading". "I've had to explain basic English to near-adults". -youAnd then you put all your inaccuracies and self-contradictions down to "wording"? "I could've worded it better"?You take the greatest liberties to be condescending over this stuff, and that's your retort? You can't English? Comedy gold.So at this point, either you were wrong, or alternatively, you're bad at "the English", that you're so proud of, and that's a fact. Either one is fine by me.I think you should stop being condescending on the internet; It's not working out very well for you.

can't be held responsible for your poor reading skills tbh, it's pretty easy to figure out what I meant

Go ahead. I'm sorry. :biggrin:

fixed that for you
/QUOTE]

:smug::smug::smug:
Proceed but at this rate I'll die from the amount of salt intake :colonhash::colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
dead joke
Clearly, the salt is real.
can't be held responsible for your poor reading skills tbh, it's pretty easy to figure out what I meant
You just admitted that you worded it incorrectly. Learn to write.
fixed that for you
That's your prerogative. ^2

K DONE.

Le attempt to on-topic: Where do we think the exam lay on the difficulty spectrum, because I've heard opinions ranging from the easiest, to the worst exam ever? Personally, I'm central; I thought it was standard - but the majority of people in my 6th form thought it was more difficult than usual so I may have just had a good exam.

Maybe someone should make a poll.
(edited 7 years ago)
Clearly, the salt is real.

lol

You just admitted that you worded it incorrectly. Learn to write.

"I could have worded it better" =/= "I worded it incorrectly"

That's your prerogative. ^2

the expression doesn't really fit the context but okay

K DONE.

you keep saying stuff like this and you keep replying

lied

lay* :teehee:
"I could have worded it better" =/= "I worded it incorrectly"
But you did doe. I brought the quote up and everything.
the expression doesn't really fit the context but okay
It's your prerogative not to be sorry. You can do this. No compound sentences here. :3
lay* :teehee:
True! Thanks.

you keep saying stuff like this and you keep replying
Yeah, you keep reigniting it. I know you're hellbent on having the last word, because you've been beat, but come on now. Let's get it back on topic pls.

But rn I'm assuming the people who said they wanted to discuss the exam, don't.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending