The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3820
Original post by GillyTheGhillie
Rounding errors. See my previous answer.

what is the right answer?
and how many marks would i lose? 1?
Original post by yiz
i got this, dont see how it could be wrong

Isnt this done at 60C so the value for pKw isnt 14, its 13.03. So the pH would be 13.03-pOH
Original post by yiz
what is the right answer?
and how many marks would i lose? 1?

I just edited my original comment, you actually calculated it wrong, Kw is different, you needed to use "-log(Kw) + log([OH-])"
Original post by milutin767
Oh I also wonder why people who say they haven't revised at all yet aim for full UMS don't hold matriculation offers from Oxbridge with 7 A* grades at A Level. I'd really like to know. Well done if some of you can do 0 revision and aim for such top grades at A Level :smile:

Exactly. I guarantee there is not a single person here who came out of that exam feeling like they did awfully, who actually did enough revision.
so is the answer 10.76 or nahh cause im sure thats right...no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3825
I just edited my original comment, you actually calculated it wrong, Kw is different, you needed to use "-log(Kw) + log([OH-])"

so how many marks lost?
Original post by yiz
so how many marks lost?

It was a 2 marker I think, so possibly both, but more likely only 1.
Original post by HFancy1997
so is the answer 10.76 or nahh cause im sure thats right...no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats what i got
Exactly. I guarantee there is not a single person here who came out of that exam feeling like they did awfully, who actually did enough revision.

I did. Did crap in the paper
You see, this is my problem, it IS their fault, if you don't know the specification like the back of your hand, and then some, you HAVE NOT done enough revision, none of the calculations were complicated, nothing was off-spec, none of the questions were worded badly, this wasn't some wet and oily lap in the reasonably priced car, this was perfect conditions, it was the choice of every student whether they wanted to drive the reliant robin (not revise) or a McLaren 675LT (revise).

But the exam isn't the only variable here, have you considered maybe the things that people have had to deal with throughout the year, or even on the morning of the exam? I just thought that a bit of empathy could go a long way, and consoling someone might be a bit more pleasant than lecturing them on the assumption they haven't done enough revision
Reply 3831
i got such high scores in all past papers and that just went terribly, and to make matters worse everyone seems to have found it easy! goodbye A* goodbye uni

Maybe that's true but you just don't say those things haha. No point making people feel worse!
Original post by yiz
i got such high scores in all past papers and that just went terribly, and to make matters worse everyone seems to have found it easy! goodbye A* goodbye uni

You can still do well in life and get into Uni without an A*. Chill. With good AS/coursework/f324 you can still achieve an A.
that looks right
Original post by jadder1224
1466607344359-2117380487.jpg guys i put this but it wasnt co32- was it? Will i lose marks :frown:
Original post by CaoimheMee
did anyone get 11.73 for ph of dilute NaOH?

20cm^3 of 0.0270mol dm^3 NaOH diluted and made up to 100cm^3
mole of Naoh= 5.4x10^-4
concenctration of NaOH in 100cm^3 = 5.4x10^-3
POH=2.267
so pH= 11.73

Didn't they add 20cm^3 of 0.0270 mol of NaOH to 100cm^3 of water, so the total volume would be 120cm^3? That would make [NaOH] = 0.0054/0.120 = 0.045

I may well be wrong here.
i think generally the exam was good however i think that there were some sneaky parts that you could have lost marks on

Original post by BioStudentx
Maybe that's true but you just don't say those things haha. No point making people feel worse!
is the unoffical mark scheme out yet?
Original post by SaharAli978
that looks right

Is K2SO4 (aq) the same as 2K+(aq) + SO42- (aq)
Reply 3839
SO42- I think :frown:

Quick Reply