The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Yeah the empirical formula is right. Just simplifying it basically. I'm so happy the 9 marker came up and the 6 water on oxidation/bromine water test. Endothermic wasn't bad either!
It got the RFM as 160 and X = 3. Did many others get that? I think if my mole questions are right I have done well!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone think the chemistry was grim bc lol
I was hoping there'd be redox reactions and stuff on tetonic plates, or at least a diagram to draw
Ah well
Original post by jackcoys
Chemistry went well. I think I have got a good shot of getting a mid A in it though, I know where I have lost marks.

In the "which reaction is which" I had no idea for the neutralisation. I think I ended up with BCDE as my answers. On the last question I definitely dropped 2 or 3 marks, when it asked me to find the moles of the 25cm3 solution I got the ratio of 2:1, divided the original moles by 2 and then multiplied it by 25/1000 and got 0.063 or something. Pretty disappointed with that last page. I didn't get to balance 2 equations either.

But i'm not going to fret over 5 or 6 marks when it's out of 115. 100 could secure myself an A* but I have a tenancy to make silly mistakes so I reckon i'll end up with an A/high B.

A lot of people in my year said that they found it hard too so I'm happy enough. I more or less suffered the same thing as you. The BSE were rubbish in my opinion!!
Most people in my year were saying it was easy so I thought grade boundaries would be higher? Is that not the same for yous?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was really happy with the chem paper today- I don't know how grade boundaries will go but loads of people in my year were completely distressed after so I'd bet that they're pretty low!

Just Further Maths and Physics to go :frown:

How're people feeling for f maths 2 tomorrow??
(edited 7 years ago)
How did you even do the RFM questions? I didn't have a clue. It said "addition to 2.75g" and I was confused as hell.
It was just mass/moles 2.52/0.01575

Posted from TSR Mobile
F U C K
i had that written down

I knew that you didn't change the moles but I did anyway. So I did 0.01575 / (25/1000) and got 0.63 moles. Then I did 2.52 / 0.63 why why why the regret inside of me is ****ed

im pretty sure they dont f u c k ing do ECF on chemistry either the MOTHER F U C K E R S
(edited 7 years ago)
what should i be learning for maths atm like a key topic
Does anybody here know the rough grade boundaries for the Further Maths Mechanics & Statistics paper in terms of raw marks? I initially thought that they are a lot lower than other subjects but somebody told me the other day that it's just like other subjects i.e around 80% for an A, 70% for a B etc. ?
Original post by Tsunaomi
I was really happy with the chem paper today- I don't know how grade boundaries will go but loads of people in my year were completely distressed after so I'd bet that they're pretty low!

Just Further Maths and Physics to go :frown:

How're people feeling for f maths 2 tomorrow??

Yeah not loving further maths tomorrow atm, I feel how it goes tomorrow will be based on whether it's a decent paper. Like I can sometimes do the things right but if it's anything really complicated i'm out lol
what was the aluminium ore question? bauxite or alumina?
In that chemistry exam was the organic compound definitely ethanol cause I put that down but when I came out I was thinking it said ethanoic acid???? Like for the diagram and stuff
(edited 7 years ago)
What do you guys think will come up for Further Maths tomorrow, like a specific topic or anything? I'm just hoping it's not a pulley with one particle on a horizontal table...
Reply 1095
Original post by jackcoys
what was the aluminium ore question? bauxite or alumina?

Bauxite is the ore, but i wrote aluminium oxide (alumnina) bc its the purified version. I dont know if you can get a mark for alumina even though its basically the same thing
Original post by illmatics
Does anybody here know the rough grade boundaries for the Further Maths Mechanics & Statistics paper in terms of raw marks? I initially thought that they are a lot lower than other subjects but somebody told me the other day that it's just like other subjects i.e around 80% for an A, 70% for a B etc. ?

It's 81 for A* and 66 for A (in 2014 that is)
Any predictions for physics on friday? Like the 6 mark questions?
Original post by Cashmere_Cologne
What do you guys think will come up for Further Maths tomorrow, like a specific topic or anything? I'm just hoping it's not a pulley with one particle on a horizontal table...

The paper is very similar every year it's more a case of what won't come up tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else find German reading brutal or was it only me??

Quick Reply

Latest