The Student Room Group

Help asap

Basically I've turned up late to my English Language exam due to unforseen medical circumstances, and the exam board have refused my appeal, which means it is going to be marked as a U. My coursework is A* and A and I strongly believe I aced the rest of my exams. This probably means I have to go to college and re-sit my exam there. However I am an A grade student and wanted to go to a highly regarded Sixth Form. I still have hope that there will be a sixth form that accepts me after my re-sit, is there any suggestions?
Reply 1
which exam board?
Reply 2
what did you get in your other subjects?
Reply 3
Original post by NNA10
which exam board?

AQA
Reply 4
Original post by NNA10
what did you get in your other subjects?

Only find out in August. I feel like I got mostly A's and a couple B's.
Reply 5
Original post by jordzino
Only find out in August. I feel like I got mostly A's and a couple B's.

i think after resitting it you should be okay. Try and contact all the sixth forms that you can and tell them about your situation. I think the worst thing that could happen is that you would have to do year 12 at college but then you could possibly retake year 12 at a sixth form. Just make sure you keep in regular contact with sixth forms. Also, make sure you get a good reference from school and possibly get your head teacher or an authoritative figure from school to talk to a sixth form. You seem like a good student and I know after resitting your English exam you'll be okay. Also, don't be too down on yourself! Enjoy your summer holidays knowing that you're gonna do well in your exam. I hope you do well in your GCSEs and that you get into a sixth form. I'm sorry this happened to you but don't lose hope! xxx:h:

Quick Reply

Latest