Who's your favourite politician?

(In current British politics)

I'd personally say Boris Johnson

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trapz99

Duck president

[video="youtube;rRh6rLVl2U4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRh6rLVl2U4[/video]
Boris Johnson or Nigel Farage. No I'm not trolling
Reply 4
British Politics = Boris Johnson

Overall = Donald Trump or Vladmir Putin
Original post by Several
British Politics = Boris Johnson

Overall = Donald Trump or Vladmir Putin

This
Personally I can't stand any of them.
George Osborne or Nicky morgan
Boris johnson
Reply 9
Jacob Rees-Mogg
Reply 10
Liz Kendall
Nigel Farage
boris johnson easy...

him or bercow (bercow was my MP and i have actually spoken to him several times, he is jokes; got a **** handshake and is small as anything; but funny nonetheless)

Otherwise internationally, Obama, Trudeau and Dr Manmohan Singh.
Reply 13
Original post by Mathemagicien
Ever? Otto von Bismark

Currently? Angela Merkel

Angela Merkel?

Is she your grandmother?

Cause I'm sure her kids don't even like her.
Im a labour voter- I would probably say i am a Blairite (Right of labour) Oddly enough Dennis Skinner is my favourite at the moment just to watch Cameron **** himself every time Dennis gets up.
Personality wise, Nigel Farage is pretty likeable.

Politically though, I guess Bernie Sanders fits in with my political views best, though that conservative remainer on last night's debate made some really good, well-thought points.
Margret Thatcher was without question the best politician this country ever had. Not only was she fiercely strong, but she transformed Britain's economy from deadwood in the 1970s into a financial and economic superpower. Thatcher also ran a government consisting overwhelmingly of men and is regarded as one of the most ruthless leaders in British political history.

Today, however, I'd say my favourite politician is someone like Ruth Davidson.
im a very liberal person who voted yes to Scottish independence, strongly supports the SNP and who voted for them during the Scottish Parliament election. However in spite of this Ruth Davidson is equal to Nicola sturgeon in terms of my admiration. I'm very proud to see that three out of four of our party leaders are women and three out of four are LGBT. The fact that Ruth Davidson (a gay woman) is leader of the Conservative party just makes that even better as they previously had a reputation of being a party of the privigled few. (which they arguably still have at westminister)

She's a gay woman from a working class background (something that I, as an LGBT teenager from a working class family, can very much relate to) and this sets her miles apart from the Bullingdon club of eton educated white men who dominate the Conservative party at westminister. She doesn't take herself too seriously and the sketch she did with Gary tank commander had me in stitches. She's possibly the only politician I've seen who looks comfortable holding a pint! I genuinely enjoy her Twitter feed as she doesn't take herself too seriously there either. Her sarcastic sense of humour when it comes to dealing with Twitter trolls and cybernats is a treat to see and even I have to laugh at her way of dealing with them. You need a sense of humour if you're a Tory in Scotland! She's never came across as being forced like some politicians can when they try to be genuine and she feels like a people's politician who genuinely believes in what she has to say.

I saw her at FMQT in April and she comes across very well against Nicola sturgeon and other rivals. She's an excellent speaker and the debate on Europe last night made me admire her even more. The way she called out boris Johnson was excellent and honestly I had to give her kudos for the way she debates.

In short, while I can never support her party Ruth Davidson to me is someone I admire and respect even though she has entirely different political ideas from me. She's revolutionising her party and has turned them from being almost non existent to being the second largest party in Scotland. For that alone she has earned my respect.
David Cameron :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Trapz99

Gotta be Russell Brand

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending