The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TJB12345
Is K2SO4 (aq) the same as 2K+(aq) + SO42- (aq)

Yep. Both allowed in mark schemes (as shown by previous past papers).

Original post by SaharAli978
i think generally the exam was good however i think that there were some sneaky parts that you could have lost marks on

Yeah, flicking the page I genuinely couldn't believe how generous it was. Around 85+ marks of the exam were repeat qs from past papers . Looks like they ran out of things to ask tbh.
Is K2SO4 (aq) the same as 2K+(aq) + SO42- (aq)

no.
Didn't they add 20cm^3 of 0.0270 mol of NaOH to 100cm^3 of water, so the total volume would be 120cm^3? That would make [NaOH] = 0.0054/0.120 = 0.045

I may well be wrong here.

It was made up to 100 cm^3
I can't believe people actually have the time to be on here arguing over how much revision someone may or may not have done. You've done the bloody exam, and 7 hours later you're still talking about this. Someone just make an unofficial mark scheme already. It didn't take this long for one last year.
Original post by uk_shahj
yeah i got that, haven't seen anyone else say they got this yet though

that's what i got but is it right?
Original post by President J
no.

Yes, they are the same thing! They're both allowed (I'm 99.9% sure).
Original post by KB_97
I can't believe people actually have the time to be on here arguing over how much revision someone may or may not have done. You've done the bloody exam, and 7 hours later you're still talking about this. Someone just make an unofficial mark scheme already. It didn't take this long for one last year.

No one can be bothered... It's 100 marks :frown:
Original post by BioStudentx
Yes, they are the same thing! They're both allowed (I'm 99.9% sure).

I've never seen it being allowed in a mark scheme.
Original post by President J
I've never seen it being allowed in a mark scheme.

They're both allowed. Same thing. It's came up two times before in past papers and both times they've allowed either...
Just going to throw out some numbers that are on my calculator and see if they ring a bell with anyone:

2.9 x10^-2

Anyone recognise these?

Yeah I have a load of those numbers
i did 0.05-0.04 so 0.01 for H+ and 0.04 for A- in buffer calculation, how many marks wud i lose?
Original post by pentsr
i did 0.05-0.04 so 0.01 for H+ and 0.04 for A- in buffer calculation, how many marks wud i lose?

1 or 2 at most; you'd get follow on marks.
Original post by Noah T
No need for this dude, we're all A level chemists, no one who's made it here is bad at chemistry. Everyone's just finished an exam today, try and understand that for some people it didn't go as well as it could have done at no fault of their own.
h

So we'll assume you're going to Oxford/Cambridge then. Happy for you. In the mean time stop shutting others down as a way to fuel your own ego. Everyone on this thread has studied chemistry- everyone has a topic they like and others they hate. The paper might have been jam packed full of your favourite topic, yet equally filled with someone else's nemesis. No one is grateful for your comment so keep it to yourself
Original post by jirachi

thanks!
Original post by chelswaldx
h

So we'll assume you're going to Oxford/Cambridge then. Happy for you. In the mean time stop shutting others down as a way to fuel your own ego. Everyone on this thread has studied chemistry- everyone has a topic they like and others they hate. The paper might have been jam packed full of your favourite topic, yet equally filled with someone else's nemesis. No one is grateful for your comment so keep it to yourself

Realised I've quoted the wrong guy here but you know who you are lmao
Original post by jirachi

hey do you remember the correct salt and acid moles/concs?
I'd like to add that this paper was deceptively easy. I go to a grammar school and there's one question that pretty much everyone I've talked to got wrong, even though they thought they got the correct answer at first.

I predict ~ 75 for an A and 83 for A*
was the first question Cu(NH3)6 or Cu(NH3)4?
Original post by alu4days
hey do you remember the correct salt and acid moles/concs?

[HNO2] = 0.04 mol dm-3 and [NO2-] = 0.05 mol dm-3, I believe.
Reply 3859
Original post by jirachi
I'd like to add that this paper was deceptively easy. I go to a grammar school and there's one question that pretty much everyone I've talked to got wrong, even though they thought they got the correct answer at first.

I predict ~ 75 for an A and 83 for A*

Which questiom would that be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending