The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C0balt
I drew separately from the way they said to draw cation and anion.
Which amine group did you protonate though?

I protonated both amine groups but didn't deprotonate the cooh group
Original post by C0balt
I drew separately from the way they said to draw cation and anion.
Which amine group did you protonate though?

I didn't even know there was two amine groups.. :O if thats true then i got that q wrong lmao.

My thinking was:
NH2 group in amino acid gets protonated by it's own COOH group ---> Amine now has NH3+ and COO-
Then that other carboxylic acid then loses a proton to the zwitterion ----> Amine now has NH3+ and COOH, other carboxylic acid now has COO-.

therefore: amino acid is cation, carboxylic is anion.
Original post by melanin101
I didn't even know there was two amine groups.. :O if thats true then i got that q wrong lmao.

My thinking was:
NH2 group in amino acid gets protonated by it's own COOH group ---> Amine now has NH3+ and COO-
Then that other carboxylic acid then loses a proton to the zwitterion ----> Amine now has NH3+ and COOH, other carboxylic acid now has COO-.

therefore: amino acid is cation, carboxylic is anion.

Oh well there were two amine groups sorry that's why I was confused :frown:
I just sincerely hope that Edexcel accepts both tetrahedral and square planar. Then I'll be happy. Off to revise Physics yay
Original post by C0balt
Oh well there were two amine groups sorry that's why I was confused :frown:

The answer to one 1 marker was reduction (sodium borohydride used for nitro group reduction) right, as well as ligand exchange for another one?
Original post by GrandMasti
The answer to one 1 marker was reduction (sodium borohydride used for nitro group reduction) right, as well as ligand exchange for another one?

Yes :biggrin:
Original post by C0balt
I just sincerely hope that Edexcel accepts both tetrahedral and square planar. Then I'll be happy. Off to revise Physics yay

I drew square planar because they said it was the same shape as cisplatin, but I was questioning my knowledge about complex shapes since I was almost certain it was tetrahedral
Original post by GrandMasti
I drew square planar because they said it was the same shape as cisplatin, but I was questioning my knowledge about complex shapes since I was almost certain it was tetrahedral

Yeah I know.... I drew tetrahedral ignoring the question lol. They shouldn't reject either because if they reject tetrahedral that's just so wrong and obviously they can't reject square planar because the question said it was the same as tetrahedral. I have no idea how they could possibly miss such thing in checking the paper.
Let's hope that we aren't gonna face June 13 or Jan 12 boundaries.
Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 21.36.35.png
Original post by C0balt

What do you think are the chances of that happening? I mean personally, I think our paper was harder but might be a bit biased lol
Original post by setarcos
What do you think are the chances of that happening? I mean personally, I think our paper was harder but might be a bit biased lol

I feel the same as you. :lol: I wouldn't be too surprised if it did happen but at the same time I really hope not XD
Original post by C0balt

What's the difference between an R paper and a normal paper?
Reply 2332
Original post by sayshay

R papers are reserve papers I think , in case the main paper is leaked or if anything happens they have a back up paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _H_V
R papers are reserve papers I think , in case the main paper is leaked or if anything happens they have a back up paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The R paper is for different time zones.
Reply 2334
Original post by JoeyTr

That's the IAL papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2335
Original post by JoeyTr

Ohh wait nvm looool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else get 77.49% for the percentage purity question?
Original post by moiman97
Did anyone else get 77.49% for the percentage purity question?

Was one of the answers to the mcq forms yellow ppt and red ppt? About whether the compound reacts with i2 in naoh and then Benedicts?
Original post by sayshay

As someone else said it's for different timezone. If you look at Edexcel mark conversion spreadsheet it says +5hrs timezone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending