The Student Room Group

Is this classified as cheating

If revise a specimen paper for, a subject, lets say maths. And the mock paper which I'm doing has the same style of question/ the same questions but with different numbers, would it be classfied as cheating if i go through the spec past paper for the upcoming exam?

What do you guys think about this
No
Reply 2
Original post by saraxh
No

yeah, i don't think it is necessarily cheating tbh
Yes.

Because you're learning content to apply to different situations. if you're just memorising what to do with the numbers and methods you won't get very far (as many people on AQA C3 experienced a week ago).
No:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by BioStudentx
Yes.

Because you're learning content to apply to different situations. if you're just memorising what to do with the numbers and methods you won't get very far (as many people on AQA C3 experienced a week ago).

obviously i know i wont get very far, if i just remeber what to do:smile:, but the thing is i only realised that the mock paper was smilar to the spec paper i revised after the test becuase i revised the spec paper before the test
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by theBranicAc
obviously i know i wont get very far, if i just remeber what to do:smile:, but the thing is i only revised the spec paper which I revised was the same after I done the test and not before

Doing the same qs with different numbers will obv skew your results. Do what you want, up to you. Who even cheats for mocks lmao?
Well I mean if you knowingly do so i.e. you are 100% sure the mock paper will or was on the specimen paper then yes.

Fundamentally it is up to you.
If revise a specimen paper for, a subject, lets say maths. And the mock paper which I'm doing has the same style of question/ the same questions but with different numbers, would it be classfied as cheating if i go through the spec past paper for the upcoming exam?

Ofc not, this is a brilliant way to revise I feel.

NEVER cheat on mocks, you'll regret it; use them to your advantage, find your weaknesses in exams.
Original post by CrazyFool229
Well I mean if you knowingly do so i.e. you are 100% sure the mock paper will or was on the specimen paper then yes.

Fundamentally it is up to you.

no the mock paper wasn't the specimen paper
the mock paper came from the pixil and the questions were structured the same way as the specimen questions. It asked you the same questions with different numbers, but in the same order of the spicmen
Rule of thumb - if you have to ask, it usually is.
Lol, as long as you're not plagiarising an English essay and not in an exam hall copying someone else why wouldn't you use everything to your advantage? The UK's educational system is ****ed enough as it is.

Quick Reply

Latest