The Student Room Group

OCR sociology g673 + g674

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by gabbynutley98
What are these predictions??

Ethnicity and Age I believe
Original post by shaunarose98
What synoptic links would you include for ethnicity?

synoptic links?? Could you possibly explain what you mean by this? D:
Original post by Pandorax
synoptic links?? Could you possibly explain what you mean by this? D:

For the 20 marker, we got told to refer to 4 links, so for ethnicity it would be Workplace, Media, Education and Crime! and Just talk about how they all link to ethnic inequality!
Original post by shaunarose98
For the 20 marker, we got told to refer to 4 links, so for ethnicity it would be Workplace, Media, Education and Crime! and Just talk about how they all link to ethnic inequality!

Oh phew! Do you have to write about all 4, or can you just focus on 2-3?
Original post by Pandorax
Oh phew! Do you have to write about all 4, or can you just focus on 2-3?

You can focus on 2/3, yes definetley:smile:
What would you write about/how would you structure a 40 mark question on age oh my god???
Do we need to know neo-marxist views for age and gender??
Reply 247
Fingers crossed age and good questions on ethnicity are asked today, good luck everyone!
really hope so too!!!!

Good luck :smile:
I

Original post by bsbnah
Fingers crossed age and good questions on ethnicity are asked today, good luck everyone!
how did everyone find it?? I found it okay but it wasn't one of the easier general types of exam questions sadly
Reply 250
the fifteen marker was weird af
i found it difficult and for age inequalities i forgot the names of the study and i wrote 2 Marxist and thought the disengagement theory was Marx but it was functionalist and the research methods were okay
Original post by eklok
the fifteen marker was weird af

yh that was weird wat did u write
Reply 253
Original post by aysha12345
yh that was weird wat did u write

i wrote about what different ethical concerns are e.g. protection of respondents, anonymity, right to withdraw
I wrote about whether positivists or interpretivists would face more ethical concerns and why. so i just talked about interpretivists mainly and how they have to be careful about their research methods, because some questions could be psychologically distressing for their respondents, especially for sensitive topics like inequality. so, like, if the methods are too intrusive they might have to find a whole new research method or topic that's not so sensitive
I did questions 4a, and 4b
4a was on disadvantages for males and females so I put:

1) family - Oakley, feminisation of poverty
2) glass ceiling, women dominate low occupations etc.
3) Pollak - male disadvantage in crime and deviance
I can't remember what else I put tbh

Do you think those count?
15 marker was really yuk. Otherwise, it was decent
The two topics I didn't revise and they had to blumming come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 257
I enjoyed it, the 15 marker was a bit weird but 25 marker on semi structured interviews?? That was god sent but the fact that there was no ethnicity? OCR really like playing games
The 15 marker was horrible lol
Other than that the 25 marker was alright.

I did 3a & 3b as I didn't revise anything on gender so my only option was age but that was okay.

I'm hoping I'm not the only one who made up statistics for the 20 marker lol 😂
Reply 259
Original post by katherine9609
The 15 marker was horrible lol
Other than that the 25 marker was alright.

I did 3a & 3b as I didn't revise anything on gender so my only option was age but that was okay.

I'm hoping I'm not the only one who made up statistics for the 20 marker lol 😂

I chat so much crap for the 20 marker in terms lf stats 😂 But i spoke about both young & old

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending