The Student Room Group

What if world was ruled only by one government?

Imagine world was ruled by one government... What do you think the world would be like?

Scroll to see replies

inb4 the Brexiters saying "it already is in Europe!!!!!11!1!1!"
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Your grammar is atrocious.
It would be bad because if one country annoys me I can't even move away
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
It would be bad because if one country annoys me I can't even move away

Outer space? :tongue:
Original post by In2u
Imagine world was ruled by one government... What do you think the world would be like?

Bad. Imagine if Donald Trump or Hitler 2 got in control?
Original post by Platopus
Bad. Imagine if Donald Trump or Hitler 2 got in control?

Where would Muslims go???? :afraid::afraid::afraid:
Very controlling and possibly repressive to keep order, but on the plus side, all research and innovation would be fast tracked.
This is honestly a matter of time. The number of dividing factions in the world has been steadily decreasing. From hundreds of countries, city-states, dukedoms, principalities, empires and duchies, we're down to under two hundred countries.

In a hundred or so years time, it's quite possible our governments will finally see the benefit of being united, and organize the world on the principles of secular enlightenment and scientific and liberal progress. That is the only way for our continued, sustainable survival - an universal move forward towards a better tomorrow and a global unity under modern, liberal, progressive values.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by In2u

I have a feeling that this is almost true
Reply 10
Original post by Several
Your grammar is atrocious.

Your answer to my thread as well :smile:
Just as unbalanced as modern politics.

With rich and wealthy countries having the most suitable and capable candidates for the most part, and therefore them exercising the most power, and therefore in their personal interests they would try and secure the wellfare of their country/region/area.

At least that's my cynical outlook.

Best regards all!
Francis
No idea. Depends on how the government was elected (if at all), what policies it passed & how much power it had. It'd almost certainly have to be federal.
The difference in economies, culture, language, traditions, religion etc means that it'll be a long time before we see a One World Government. It'd take a major event, such as an attack by aliens, to bring one about in our life times.
Original post by george_c00per
Where would Muslims go???? :afraid::afraid::afraid:

To the concentration camps that would no doubt spring up.
Original post by Platopus
To the concentration camps that would no doubt spring up.

Unless they fought back, I mean there are 1.3 billion of them versus Trump and his followers
Original post by george_c00per
Unless they fought back, I mean there are 1.3 billion of them versus Trump and his followers

Yes but look at how many Jews Hitler and the Nazis massacred.
Original post by Withengar
This is honestly a matter of time. The number of dividing factions in the world has been steadily decreasing. From hundreds of countries, city-states, dukedoms, principalities, empires and duchies, we're down to under a hundred countries.

Just under two hundred, actually.
It will happen and we will all be a great deal better off for it, wars would be abolished and many, many good and ambitious and wonderful things could be achieved.

Getting there in a way that most people find acceptable and that makes sense, is humane, well run and intelligent, will be difficult, but it is not impossible and if enough of us want it, we can get it.
Would be by satan according to bible
In theory, fine. Getting there, like said above, will be iffy at best. And certainly not quick.

It also needs prove that it does represent people, cannot be corrupted too badly and is better than what's gone before (LoN, UN, etc {I know they're slightly different, but they'll still get compared}).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending