The Student Room Group

Resitting A Level exam

Hi, if I were to sit an a2 level exam in June 2016, but got a bad grade, would I be able to resit this exam in June 2017?

I will be taking a gap year from 2016/2017, so was wondering if I would be able to resit any exams? The exams I would want to resit are a2 level, and not all of them, just a few (1/2). Is this possible? And if so, how?

If anyone has done this, any help/info would be greatly appreciated via posts on the thread/inboxing me a PM.

Thanks!!
I certainly hope so 😶
Original post by 1998RF
I certainly hope so 😶

Haha heres hoping! Are you taking a year out after college?
Original post by SilverHorsey
Haha heres hoping! Are you taking a year out after college?

I'm hoping to go straight to uni but not sure if it's going to go that way! 😅
Reply 4
Hi, if I were to sit an a2 level exam in June 2016, but got a bad grade, would I be able to resit this exam in June 2017?

I will be taking a gap year from 2016/2017, so was wondering if I would be able to resit any exams? The exams I would want to resit are a2 level, and not all of them, just a few (1/2). Is this possible? And if so, how?

If anyone has done this, any help/info would be greatly appreciated via posts on the thread/inboxing me a PM.

Thanks!!

Im currently doing what you want to do but im one year older. i sat a2 exams in june 2015, some didnt go well so I am currently ressiting now in june 2016. If i meet my offer I will be going to uni this year. What I did was speak to the exams office in my school and they just made me fill out a form and pay for the exams I want to resit. They will take your highest mark.
Hope this helps.
Original post by iwant
Im currently doing what you want to do but im one year older. i sat a2 exams in june 2015, some didnt go well so I am currently ressiting now in june 2016. If i meet my offer I will be going to uni this year. What I did was speak to the exams office in my school and they just made me fill out a form and pay for the exams I want to resit. They will take your highest mark.
Hope this helps.

thanks so much! were your school cool with it? how much did you have to pay btw? also, are you currently taking a gap year out atm and did you apply to uni this year too?

Thanks!!

Yes you can.
You can resit any AS or A2 exam from AQA, Edexcel or OCR including, for one last time in summer 2017, those subjects that have been replaced by new specifications.
When you get your results and confirm you need to resit, ask at your school or college if they will accept you as a private candidate. If they won't then ring round other local schools and colleges and ask until you find one that will or use the Internet to search for centres.
There is advice for private candidates on all of the examiner web sites and some offer help in finding centres that might take you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest