The Student Room Group

Is size 8/10 chubby for someone who is 5"3?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So, what would be a picture of a woman that you would consider fat then?

Fat is an umbrella term, of which chubby is a part. So refer to the pics I already linked to.
Original post by Anonymous 345
You can not be being serious right now, your either dumb or a attention seeker because everyone knows a size 8/10 arent for chubby people only slim people can fit into those sizes and a size six for your height is a unhealthy weight meaning you are underweight and are damaging your body and you can die. Tbh I think you need to seek help love as you don't sounds like your right in the head.

I am being serious and I think that is obvious from all of my posts on this thread. I am neither stupid nor an attention seeker thank you very much. I suspect that you are in fact a troll given that you have only just joined TSR and from looking at your other posts but giving you the benefit of the doubt I will answer you. I am not the only person who gets worried about this sort of thing (many people have posted similar threads) and if you want to know why girls get insecure about their weight then all you have to do is look at some of the other responses on this thread with people calling me "chubby", "fat", "wide", "dumpy" etc. for being a size 8. If you are my height (5"3.5) and a size 6 you are not necessarily underweight and definitely not at risk of dying from being severely underweight. As I said, this is a very common concern that a lot of girls have and I do not "need to seek help". I do not have an eating disorder or body dysmorphia but even if I did describing people who have conditions like that as not "right in the head" is incredibly insulting.
Original post by Jebedee
Homeopathy fails to be any more effective than a placebo so on that basis anything more than zero being spent on it is a show of poor judgement. Either way yes, I am more of an authority than the NHS on what my opinion is of what constitutes chubby.

It's hard to account for height but at a glance I would say this sort of level is when slim turns into chubby. http://122491412519633865.weebly.com/uploads/2/6/4/8/26481857/4589672_orig.jpg

Homeopathy has been shown to work in some studies actually and I do know from personal experience that homeopathic/natural medicines can work, if admittedly quite slowly compared with conventional medicines. Anyway, we're getting off topic. Yes, I agree that you are the only authority on your opinion but you were calling me "fat" and most people would use that to describe someone who was medically overweight. I am in between the size of the centre and right women on the daily record photo. Do you actually think that is fat?
Homeopathy has been shown to work in some studies actually and I do know from personal experience that homeopathic/natural medicines can work, if admittedly quite slowly compared with conventional medicines. Anyway, we're getting off topic. Yes, I agree that you are the only authority on your opinion but you were calling me "fat" and most people would use that to describe someone who was medically overweight. I am in between the size of the centre and right women on the daily record photo. Do you actually think that is fat?

Yes it works in some studies, in the same frequency that placebo does. That's how we know it is nothing more than that.

I can't judge without seeing you really but I know I wouldn't refer to the one on the right as thin.
Original post by Jebedee
Yes it works in some studies, in the same frequency that placebo does. That's how we know it is nothing more than that.

I can't judge without seeing you really but I know I wouldn't refer to the one on the right as thin.

As I said, I have actually had different natural medicines in the past, they have worked for me and what I had couldn't possibly have improved with a placebo. I do agree however that conventional medicine is more powerful and works faster. I'll see if I can find a picture of someone with a similar figure to me.
Original post by Jebedee

These are the closest that I can find to how I look. I have a curvy (literally, not as a euphemism for fat) shape more like Kylie's rather than straight up and down like Hilary.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kylie+jenner+bikini&biw=1242&bih=564&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj6k8zqyrrNAhUCI8AKHa3IBDsQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=wmC0joW_3Lku6M%3A

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hilary+duff+bikini&biw=1242&bih=564&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjPhOmxzLrNAhWMJsAKHYrjAMsQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=REyzqLumi3_GPM%3A

Hard to judge as not all her pics are the same. I'd say she is slim on the waist only. Big bums aren't my thing.
I am nearly 21 and have put on weight since leaving school. When I was 18 I was a size 4/size 6, 6 and a half stone and had a 22 inch waist. Now I am wearing a mixture of size 6 and size 8 clothes which are getting too small so I'm probably a size 8/size 10 really. I'm about 8 stone and now have measurements of 36-27-34. I've had to take a few gap years due to illness so because of this I've not been able to exercise. I'm planning to go to uni in 2017 and I'm feeling a bit unhappy with my weight now. Any other girls of similar age and height, what size are you? Does that sound chubby or like I need to lose weight?

Not at all. That is a perfectly reasonable (and very healthy) size :smile:
I would say borderline of healthy at the limits of okay almost overweight territory. 5 ft 3 is extremely short height is a big one indicator of judgement.
Original post by Craig David
I would say borderline of healthy at the limits of okay almost overweight territory. 5 ft 3 is extremely short height is a big one indicator of judgement.

It's average height...
I'm 5'2, 7 stone, waist 24.5inches, hips 33 inches, I don't know my bust but my bra size is 28E, so the band is small, see, I have areas which r fatty ( like my boobs)!!
Wow, surely at that weight and size you can't possibly be chubby! Your BMI is underweight! How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? Do you know your measurements? My height is 5"3.5, my weight is 8 stone 0 and my measurements are: Bust: 36, Waist: 26, Hips: 35 (I got my measurements slightly wrong in my original post). From trying on clothes since my original post, I have found that I am actually almost always a size 8 and very occasionally still a size 6. I do have quite a small frame though and I do sound chubby compared with you. :frown: I'm sure you're not chubby though; you sound really skinny! :smile:

My response is above ^^
Original post by Jebedee
Hard to judge as not all her pics are the same. I'd say she is slim on the waist only. Big bums aren't my thing.

Yeah, I would say my figure is very similar to Kylie's in the picture I linked although obviously not identical. From what I could find on the internet my dress size and measurements are smaller than hers but I'm also shorter than her so I look quite similar proportionally overall. Fair enough, haha. So, according to you, I'm sort of on the border between slim and chubby?
Original post by Cadherin
Not at all. That is a perfectly reasonable (and very healthy) size :smile:

Thank you, I'm glad you think so. I've had such different replies to this thread that sometimes I'm not sure what to believe haha. I've had everything from people saying that I'm probably underweight and asking if I have an eating disorder right through to people saying I'm fat, chubby, overweight etc. and everything in between. So you think that's normal and healthy? Are you male or female if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Craig David

Almost overweight territory? Really, this is going a bit too far now. If people reading this believe you then they could get a seriously distorted view of what is normal and healthy. My BMI is 19.8. That is at the low end of a healthy weight. I am 8 stone and a size 8. I'm 5"3.5 and 5"3 is the average height for a woman in the UK. It is not "extremely short". I used to be very underweight and I know that I'm not really skinny anymore. So, I accept that I'm not super skinny, I accept that I'm a bit curvy, I accept that I'm maybe a bit chubbier than ideal but I am definitely a normal and healthy weight. I am not anywhere close to medically overweight; my BMI is much closer to underweight than overweight. That is a fact. What is your idea of a normal, healthy weight? Someone who is severely underweight?
Original post by annihilati0n
I'm 5'2, 7 stone, waist 24.5inches, hips 33 inches, I don't know my bust but my bra size is 28E, so the band is small, see, I have areas which r fatty ( like my boobs)!!

Wow, trust me there is no way that you are chubby! Your BMI is underweight and going by your measurements you should be a UK size 4/US size 0. Having slightly bigger boobs proportionally doesn't make you fat!
"Okay, so I measured my body fat percentage and it's 24%. I don't know much about body fat percentages so does anyone on here know if that's good or bad?" my own QUOTE
Any thoughts on this yet? Also, can anyone give me an opinion on how much weight it would be healthy for me to lose? And what would be the best way to lose weight?
"Okay, so I measured my body fat percentage and it's 24%. I don't know much about body fat percentages so does anyone on here know if that's good or bad?" my own QUOTE
Any thoughts on this yet? Also, can anyone give me an opinion on how much weight it would be healthy for me to lose? And what would be the best way to lose weight?

Honestly, I think it's fine. You don't need to worry about losing weight because you're perfectly healthy. If you do want to lose weight, be careful because you don't want to end up underweight.
Thank you, I'm glad you think so. I've had such different replies to this thread that sometimes I'm not sure what to believe haha. I've had everything from people saying that I'm probably underweight and asking if I have an eating disorder right through to people saying I'm fat, chubby, overweight etc. and everything in between. So you think that's normal and healthy? Are you male or female if you don't mind me asking?

I'm male.
I'm kind of like you. I am 5'3'' and used to weigh around 6 stone last year. At the time I thought I looked fine but my family would always say i was too skinny/looked ill and needed to put on weight and i'd get offended. Long story short now I weigh 7 and a half stone and wear size 8 clothes. I thought i was chubby too because i was soooo skinny before that in comparison I felt like i was fat. Whenever I told anyone they'd act like i'd gone mad. I'm still very thin and get comments all the time, so no, you're no where near chubby. I saw a video of me from when i weighed less and wow...i looked ill. Anorexic skinny. Now i'm still skinny but don't look like I need to be fed through a tube. I'm small framed and didn't have much on me to begin with so a stone made a huge difference.You're just used to being even skinnier which is why you feel chubby but in reality you are still slim. My friends are the same height as me but weigh slightly more (8 stone) and wear size 8, they're all thin too.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending