The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology SNAB 6BI04 ~ 6BIO5 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

I've looked at all the IAL papers. Just in case.

Not looking forward to this.
Original post by rory58824
I've looked at all the IAL papers. Just in case.

Not looking forward to this.

Could you send me a link to the 2014 one? Thanks
Could anyone tell me points of how a kill switch works pls
Original post by iipebblesii
Could anyone tell me points of how a kill switch works pls

It'll trigger apoptosis of a cell which is programmed cell death, it works by the cell being broken down and organelles going to vesicles which all eventually being phagocytosed :smile:
How did it go for yall? Thought it went quite good.
Quite a nice paper, a little harder than last year imo. Some of the pre-release questions were a *****
Second section was okay. Dopamine, Habituation, nurture/nature and some genetic modification of bacteria.

The first section was brutal though. Tendon/muscle contraction, carbon dioxide/oxygen production, ECG recording, Concentration gradients, and hard 1 marker multiple choice boxes.

As for the article I have no idea if I got the right answers or not
Original post by Daniel9998
Quite a nice paper, a little harder than last year imo. Some of the pre-release questions were a *****

What did you put for the question on genes inhibiting eachother? I spoke about transcription factors and supressor/repressor molecules.
What did u write for the ecg one?
Original post by WhatALad
What did you put for the question on genes inhibiting eachother? I spoke about transcription factors and supressor/repressor molecules.

yeh I basically talked about transcription factors, was a bit unsure on that question
Original post by faheem97786
What did u write for the ecg one?

just talked about the ECG recording the electrical activity of the heart with time/s on the x axis and electrical activity on the y etc etc and just threw a cardiac output equation in there too lol
not bad mostly struggled with some of the article questions i should have revised more for the article.. o well
Anyone got 2210 for the mean number of bases?
Original post by malutki27

Yeah but i kept it unrounded so i wrote 2209.5. Not sure if that will be a problem
The 3 differences i got:
- stem cells produced in the bone marrow, insulin producing cells produced in pancreas
-stem cells undifferentiated, insulin producing cells differentiated
- Insulin producing cell produces insulin, stem cells produces nothing (wasn't too sure about this one, seems a bit obvious lol)
(edited 7 years ago)

woops think i rounded it to 2201 instead of 2210 LOOL, thats 1 mark ill never see again

Yep :smile:
Original post by WhatALad
The 3 differences i got:
- stem cells produced in the bone marrow, insulin producing cells produced in pancreas
-stem cells undifferentiated, insulin producing cells differentiated
- Insulin producing cell produces insulin, stem cells produces nothing (wasn't to sure about this one, seems a bit obvious lol)

yeh I put them 2 and for my third one I think I talked about how stem cells can be range between totipotent or pluripotent types of stem cells while insulin cells are well just insulin cells lol
What did people get for the nunber of sarcomeres?
what did ppl get for the mean rate of uptake (something like that)

Quick Reply

Latest