The Student Room Group

AQA A2 MM2B Mechanics 2 – 27th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hjyu1
I doubt they will throw in modulus etc but trig /calculus wise probs

What do you think could they possibly throw in?
I'm in year 12 so haven't done C3 or C4 yet - I've just learnt how to differentiate and integrate cos and sin and how to use the natural log for separation of variables :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by rainbowtwist
What do you think could they possibly throw in?
I'm in year 12 so haven't done C3 or C4 yet - I've just learnt how to differentiate and integrate cos and sin and how to use the natural log for separation of variables :smile:

They can technically throw anything in from C3 and C4 according to the syllabus:
"A knowledge of the topics and associated formulae from ModulesCore 1 Core 4, and Mechanics 1 is required.
Candidates may use relevant formulae included in the formulaebooklet without proof."
has anyone done the solomon papers? if so are they worth doing?
Reply 23
Original post by scenes28
has anyone done the solomon papers? if so are they worth doing?

Yeah I really like them, gets you more prepared for the real thing. Used them a lot last year in C3/4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
heard s2 was an okay paper, do you reckon that means this will be alright too?
Reply 25
Original post by scenes28
heard s2 was an okay paper, do you reckon that means this will be alright too?

M3/1 were harder than past years so maybe not
Are we required to know any definitions for this exam ?
I know most of this comes up in Physics and they are needed then
Reply 27
Original post by Roxanne18
Are we required to know any definitions for this exam ?
I know most of this comes up in Physics and they are needed then

Erm I doubt it never really seem definitions in any mechanics papers but you should be able to understand all the principles and apply them
Reply 28
what's everyones predictions? Did anyone actually do well in M3 as well haha
Reply 29
Any ideas on how they can make this paper particularly nasty?
Original post by JC25
Any ideas on how they can make this paper particularly nasty?

A metric **** tonne of complex algebra
Reply 31
Original post by MahuduElec
A metric **** tonne of complex algebra

Like the last part of the last question last year? It's ridiculous how you could only get 2 marks for all the workings after having resolved/taken moments. -_-
Reply 32
anyone got any other good resources bar the past papers?
Original post by JC25
Like the last part of the last question last year? It's ridiculous how you could only get 2 marks for all the workings after having resolved/taken moments. -_-

AQA seem to do that a lot, first few marks are at a min per mark or less, then the final one or two take 4x longer than normal.
Reply 34
Please can i have some help with question 3b, p.145 of the blue/green aqa textbook?
Reply 35
Any resources for learning EPE and finding angle after working out centre of mass?
Can some one help me with this question please ?
I've done part a) but for the solutions for b) I don't get why "the centre of mass must be vertically below C" That's what the book states

one.jpg
Attachment not found
Reply 37
Can someone confident with moments tell me their technique, my teacher has taught me a variety of methods and I'm getting them confused, mainly for your generic ladder question. I mainly don't understand which way to resolve the forces, been taught in the direction of the line, perpendicular to line, vertical, horizontal, and now I'm getting muddled.
Reply 38
Original post by Roxanne18
Can some one help me with this question please ?
I've done part a) but for the solutions for b) I don't get why "the centre of mass must be vertically below C" That's what the book states

one.jpg
Attachment not found

If the centre of mass was not vertically below C, AF would not be horizontal
NEED HELP WITh QUESTION 4 JAN 11 M2 PART C AND D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending