The Student Room Group

Official AQA A2 Law June 2016 Thread

LAW03 & LAW04

Rust Cohle's A2 Law Database

https://goo.gl/ggfhWR

Pointers and predictions

Unit 3 Criminal Law:
-General defences or NFOs will be the evaluation question. Reason: Murder appeared last year. AQA has never repeated throughout this specification (10 papers)

Unit 4 Property Offences:
-One scenario will be intoxication and the other will be duress. Reason: every paper thus far follows this trend.

Unit 4 Concepts:
-Morality (virtually certain)
-BCI (reasonably foreseeable)
-Creativity (probable)
-Justice (less likely)
-Fault (less likely than less likely)
Reason: Least popular topic BCI never repeats; whichever one of the big four (Morality, Creativity, Justice, Fault) that did not appear one year, does appear the next; one of the big two (Morality and Creativity) generally appears.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Rust Cohle
LAW03 & LAW04

I made this thread as mainly because I'm looking for succinct A grade unit 3 evaluation answers (under 600 words).

Model answers

Willing to upload my A2 law essay database (I have a plethora of LAW03/04 essays available which I'll post provided there's enough demand and we can get a community going where people share their papers too and not just leech. Only then will I upload.)

Note: If anybody is interested in my own crafted concept essays then PM. (Morality [A* 34/35 1000 words ] and Creativity [A* 35/35 1400 words])

Pointers and predictions

Unit 3 Criminal Law:
-General defences or NFOs will be the evaluation question. Reason: Murder appeared last year. AQA has never repeated throughout this specification (10 papers)

-One scenario will be intoxication and the other will be duress. Reason: every paper thus far follows this trend.

Unit 4 Concepts:
-Creativity (probable)
-Justice (less likely)
Reason: Least popular topic BCI never repeats; whichever one of the big four (Morality, Creativity, Justice, Fault) that did not appear one year, does appear the next; one of the big two (Morality and Creativity) generally appears.

I agree with your law prediction for unit 3. I personally believe it will be the non fatal offences, I may take the risk and just revise the NFO essay and GD just incase.

Concepts: I think morality and BCI are 99% likely to come up. Justice comes up nearly every year so I think that will be up also.

Thanks for setting this thread up.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi! Thanks for starting this thread
I'm retaking Unit 2 - (got a B last year) hoping to boost my grade by getting an A in that paper. I've been busy focusing on Unit 2 so haven't even started revising Law Unit 3 or 4... :s-smilie:

I also think I might just revise the non fatals and general defences evaluation for Unit 3, I don't think I have enough time to revise everything

I'm doing tort for Unit 4 btw
(edited 7 years ago)
For unit 3 reforms - couldnt it be either NFOs or general defences as they never seem to repeat so takeaway murder we are left with those two.
Reply 4
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
For unit 3 reforms - couldnt it be either NFOs or general defences as they never seem to repeat so takeaway murder we are left with those two.

Yeah my thought exactly, I just don't want to take the risk though and it comes up :-(
Reply 5
For unit 3, do you think it would be too risky to only revise non fatals and murder (for first 2 questions)? You always seem to get a question with non fatals, but some scenarios only ask about murder or involuntary manslaughter
Original post by NHM
I agree with your law prediction for unit 3. I personally believe it will be the non fatal offences, I may take the risk and just revise the NFO essay and GD just incase.

Concepts: I think morality and BCI are 99% likely to come up. Justice comes up nearly every year so I think that will be up also.

Thanks for setting this thread up.

hey could you please email me some sample essays please?
Reply 7
Original post by Sian-97
For unit 3, do you think it would be too risky to only revise non fatals and murder (for first 2 questions)? You always seem to get a question with non fatals, but some scenarios only ask about murder or involuntary manslaughter

Looking at most questions you get non fatals+ murder or manslaughter... There are a few where they have been mixed...
Reply 8
Original post by emmapotter392

If you look on the AQA website there is a model one for morality and fault :-) I've been told not to share my essays :/
Original post by NHM
If you look on the AQA website there is a model one for morality and fault :-) I've been told not to share my essays :/

Thank you :biggrin: and fair enough XD would you be able to help me with Unit 4. I dont quite understand how to structure an answer on burgularly when it involves criminal damager and theft, by that i mean should i talk about those two first and then bring the charge from theft and CD up to burgularly?
Reply 10
Thank you :biggrin: and fair enough XD would you be able to help me with Unit 4. I dont quite understand how to structure an answer on burgularly when it involves criminal damager and theft, by that i mean should i talk about those two first and then bring the charge from theft and CD up to burgularly?

I don't do that.. I do criminal law (personal) and tort :frown:
Original post by NHM
I don't do that.. I do criminal law (personal) and tort :frown:

what law and morality essay do you think is going to come up?
Reply 12
what law and morality essay do you think is going to come up?

I think the essays that will come up will be:
BCI
MORALITY
JUSTICE
Can you send over your essay plans, I always struggle on to what to include :smile:

LAW03 & LAW04

I made this thread as mainly because I'm looking for succinct A grade unit 3 evaluation answers (under 600 words).

Model answers

Willing to upload my A2 law essay database (I have a plethora of LAW03/04 essays available which I'll post provided there's enough demand and we can get a community going where people share their papers too and not just leech. If not then I will upload essays in the days upcoming to the exams.)

Note: If anybody is interested in my own crafted concept essays then PM. (Morality [A* 34/35 1000 words ] and Creativity [A* 35/35 1400 words])

Pointers and predictions

Unit 3 Criminal Law:

Unit 4 Concepts:
-Creativity (probable)
-Justice (less likely)

LAW03 & LAW04

Model answers

Willing to upload my A2 law essay database (I have a plethora of LAW03/04 essays available which I'll post provided there's enough demand and we can get a community going where people share their papers too and not just leech. If not then I will upload essays in the days upcoming to the exams.)

Pointers and predictions

Unit 3 Criminal Law:

Unit 4 Concepts:
-Creativity (probable)
-Justice (less likely)

LAW03 & LAW04

Model answers

Pointers and predictions

Unit 3 Criminal Law:

Unit 4 Concepts:
-Creativity (probable)
-Justice (less likely)
Reply 14
Original post by Sian-97
Hi! Thanks for starting this thread
I'm retaking Unit 2 - (got a B last year) hoping to boost my grade by getting an A in that paper. I've been busy focusing on Unit 2 so haven't even started revising Law Unit 3 or 4... :s-smilie:

I also think I might just revise the non fatals and general defences evaluation for Unit 3, I don't think I have enough time to revise everything

I'm doing tort for Unit 4 btw

Original post by OrdinaryStudent

Original post by NHM
Yeah my thought exactly, I just don't want to take the risk though and it comes up :-(

Original post by alexhall321
Can you send over your essay plans, I always struggle on to what to include :smile:

The first post has been updated with a link that provides limited access to Rust Cohle's A2 Law database
Hi, I have requested access to the database. I could really use the help right now! Stress levels are very high!
Reply 16
Original post by sonicmailman
Hi, I have requested access to the database. I could really use the help right now! Stress levels are very high!
Perhaps because you're logged into your Google account? Try opening the link in incognito and report back. In any case, I'll grant you permission shortly.
Perhaps because you're logged into your Google account? Try opening the link in incognito and report back. In any case, I'll grant you permission shortly.

Ahh yes, incognito link worked. Thanks!
Guys for fault, do you have to talk about both criminal and negligence? Or can you just do criminal
Do you know what offences are likely to come up for Unit 4? I'm assuming they won't put intoxication with blackmail and fraud and probably not making off, they probably also won't put duress for blackmail and fraud and probably not making off, so does that mean it's more likely that Theft / Burglary / Robbery / Criminal damage will come up, which one(s) do you think is most likely?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending