The Student Room Group

2016 WJEC A2-Level Biology, BY5

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samwray
Haploid number is 24. This was metaphase I of meiosis, so the homologous chromosomes pair up into bivalents. Each dot = 2 chromosomes (at least that was my reasoning, thought it was suspicious that they'd just be asking you to count chromosomes)

oh ****, maybe it was diploid number....can't really remember the question, just know I put in 24 because figured one clump = 2 chromosomes
Original post by Squashy_josh
But the energy used up in respiration and decomposers isn't part of the energy in photosynthates?

The energy for respiration comes from photosynthesis (Glucose). All of those energies added together represent what the plant had converted into chemical energy
Original post by matt1997x
The energy for respiration comes from photosynthesis (Glucose). All of those energies added together represent what the plant had converted into chemical energy
so what was the total energy in photosynthates then?
so what was the total energy in photosynthates then?

It would've been 4,500
4,500/450,000 x 100 = 1
That's what I did anyway. Those energies symbolised what the plant had converted from light energy to chemical
Original post by wwwwwwwwwwwf
You had to add the energy from respiration and decomposers from the producers too (to the 2500)

thinking about it, are you sure? wasn't the 2500 figure Pc (or the amount of energy the plant was consuming) I had .56 and am now thinking I may be right, not completely sure tbh. What do you think the figure 2500 was for?
Was 2500 Cc? cos if it was you're probs right
Original post by samwray
Haploid number is 24. This was metaphase I of meiosis, so the homologous chromosomes pair up into bivalents. Each dot = 2 chromosomes (at least that was my reasoning, thought it was suspicious that they'd just be asking you to count chromosomes)

But with E, which was the first stage, the bivalents weren't at the equator so it couldn't have been at metaphase surely, thought that C or whatever it was was the metaphase 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhyss01
But with E, which was the first stage, the bivalents weren't at the equator so it couldn't have been at metaphase surely, thought that C or whatever it was was the metaphase 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

pretty sure I put 6?
Original post by k.russell
thinking about it, are you sure? wasn't the 2500 figure Pc (or the amount of energy the plant was consuming) I had .56 and am now thinking I may be right, not completely sure tbh. What do you think the figure 2500 was for?
Was 2500 Cc? cos if it was you're probs right

Cc was 2500
Cc was 2500

Hc actually isn't it lol (clearly I am v confused about this question) ah well my prediction is less than 70 for full ums for this paper, hope I'm right!
Hc actually isn't it lol (clearly I am v confused about this question) ah well my prediction is less than 70 for full ums for this paper, hope I'm right!

Yeah it was Hc. I wouldnt worry too much aboit it. I just know 2500 was on the arrow after producer
What did people put for the reason the virus doesn't need to enter the nucleus? I said because it contains RNA so can go directly to translation?
What did people put for the reason the virus doesn't need to enter the nucleus? I said because it contains RNA so can go directly to translation?

What I put. Wasnt sure about the second mark or if saying it didnt need to do transcription was the second mark
pretty sure I put 6?

And me hah

Posted from TSR Mobile
What I put. Wasnt sure about the second mark or if saying it didnt need to do transcription was the second mark

I guessed and said it had an RNA molecules which can synthesise it's own mRNA or something don't even know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhyss01
I said something about optimum pH didn't have a clue about those 2 questions on that bog bs

Posted from TSR Mobile

i did something similar! i put that decomposition is slower in peat bogs as the ph is not the optimum for the enzymes that decomposers secrete so it denatures or something along those lines
can you remember if you divided by the right number? I am a bit worried I've divided by the wrong one and I got the answer as you (apparently they where not rounding, but their exact answer was 1)

I had something like, 2500/450,000x100 = 0.555.....
pretty sure I put 6?

Me too!
definitely failed. For the 2nd time fml

Posted from TSR Mobile
reading through all of your answers was not a good idea
What did you guys put for the Q about the Ebola Virus and how it makes amino acid and protein sequence? The 4 mark one after the first Q?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending