The Student Room Group

Is it ever ok to cheat?

Is cheating in an exam ever OK? What if you would never get caught? :hmmmm:

Help us get to the truth about exam cheating by answering a few anonymous questions here
Reply 1
Clearly not.
Original post by MarleyZ

Help us get to the truth about exam cheating by answering a few anonymous questions here

Completed survey and giving this thread a free bump. :smile:
I would cheat if I were to never get caught. Okay, there's principles, etc, etc but for me, it would get me a lot further than where I would be if I weren't to cheat. Needless to say, if you asked me if I could murder someone if I weren't to get caught or anything similar, my answer would be different.
In an exam, cheating is never the answer. As the saying goes, cheaters never prospers. I'm fighting for MY grades, not for others. I won't simply gain anything from cheating. Even under the circumstances that I won't get caught, I will not cheat, I don't want to live a life of a lie.
Reply 5
Cheating only becomes cheating once you get caught. Its unfortunate but cheating will get you further than not cheating and so 99% of people would. Especially considering people have alot riding on their results
If you cheat, shows that your not capable and soon that can be spotted out.
I don't think cheating shows your incapable(unless of course it's the whole paper) if you cheat for 1 mark and that mark is the difference between an A and an A* how would anyone notice your 'incapabilites'?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you ever read Crime And Punishment by Dostoevsky? In it the protagonist kills a woman, to pay for his education. His reason is explained in article written by the character: a Napoleon type figure would have every right/duty to cheat/kill, if by doing so, he would achieve the greatness of his potential. Read the book, it should explain it.

however in short, yes - if you consider yourself superior to other people, that by cheating you will become exceptional. However if not, you consider yourself mediocre, or even the top end of mediocre, no you shouldn't. There is no point, you will not achieve anything worthwhile anyway and you will just become guilty/get caught.
Reply 9
Original post by MarleyZ

I would have answered your survey but I am outside of the age range.
Reply 10
Original post by Unitailed
I would have answered your survey but I am outside of the age range.

Ah i see! I've amended the age ranges :smile:
Original post by MarleyZ
Ah i see! I've amended the age ranges :smile:

Thanks.
In my electronics class my electronics teacher was down to earth. He doesn't care about morals he just said if you cheat it's up to you.

If i could cheat i probably would. I would especially for the exams i wouldn't be ever taking in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest