The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Biology Unit 5 (WBI05) Scientific Article Discussion - June 2016

Scroll to see replies

How did you guys find the paper compared to June'15?
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be?
Reply 481
Original post by Rodella
How did you guys find the paper compared to June'15?
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be?

I found it easy and I guess I'm expecting an A* at like 70-75
What is the answer of cheetah question for about 5marks ?
Reply 483
I don't like the phrasing of that question to be honest.... it stopped because it saw a beautiful female cheetah..... lol
anyway write about Anaerobic

Original post by 12103763d
Reply 484
75-78 around there
Original post by Aimen.
I found it easy and I guess I'm expecting an A* at like 70-75
Reply 485

I wrote fast twitch muscle fibres so less myoglobin, capillaries and respiration is anaerobic s fast twitch fibres fatigue quickly and buildup of lactate blah blah..
Reply 486
What did ya people write about blocking channel proteins and how does that anesthesia prevent pain?
Original post by Aimen.
I wrote fast twitch muscle fibres so less myoglobin, capillaries and respiration is anaerobic s fast twitch fibres fatigue quickly and buildup of lactate blah blah..

Same!!
75-78 for A* , it's possible but just too high...
Original post by Aimen.
What did ya people write about blocking channel proteins and how does that anesthesia prevent pain?

I wrote blocking sodium ions channel, no sodium ions enters the neurone blah blah
Reply 490
I wrote blocking sodium ions channel, no sodium ions enters the neurone blah blah

Maynnn xD I wrote the same Ca ion thing in both so I'm definitely losing 4 marks xD
And what about the habituating planning?
And was bundle of His 4 and AVN 3rd?
For calcium ion channel, no calcium ion enter, no neurotransmitter released at synapse blah blah blah.... Am I correct ?
Original post by Aimen.
Maynnn xD I wrote the same Ca ion thing in both so I'm definitely losing 4 marks xD
And what about the habituating planning?
And was bundle of His 4 and AVN 3rd?

For habituation, I wrote acclimatisation, put 5 scarecrow in the field, measure original number of crop, time period of 30days and measure crop number uneaten at interval of 5 days, repetition
As I knew, 1 is SAN , 2 is delaying of impulse , 3 is AVN and 4 is bundle of his
What about the tick or cross question of scanning techniques, x Ray, brain in action, and density??
What about the tick or cross question of scanning techniques, x Ray, brain in action, and density??

x ray is just CT, action is fMRI and the last one was fMRI and MRI
Reply 496
Didn't like this paper either.... but It was still better than unit 4.
The scarecrow question :/ And the last question in question 7?
Original post by AvWOW
Didn't like this paper either.... but It was still better than unit 4.
The scarecrow question :/ And the last question in question 7?

Damage to biological membrane, free radial scavenger blah blah, I just copied all the content related to the question asking ...
Reply 498
Damage to biological membrane, free radial scavenger blah blah, I just copied all the content related to the question asking ...

I made an explanation the best I could, but it kind of worried me that it wasn't really related to anything we had learned.. we never had much questions like that is past papers I think?
For sarcomere question, is it related to myosin and actin interaction stuff?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending