The Student Room Group

Intercalating at another University

Hey everyone I have just finished my second year of medicine and was just wondering are the results for first year looked at if I want to intercalate at another uni and how much emphasis is placed upon them. I really want to go to Manchester or Bristol. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Original post by Htrain250
Hey everyone I have just finished my second year of medicine and was just wondering are the results for first year looked at if I want to intercalate at another uni and how much emphasis is placed upon them. I really want to go to Manchester or Bristol. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Really depends on the university. For some universities, you might just need to apply for an academic 'leave of absence' intercalation so it might not focus on your previous grades; for my university, where the majority of students do intercalate, you had to place within the top 100 of students or so and then you would be able to choose external intercalation as an option. So it really depends! I would contact your university to find out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending