The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Physics B - P4 P5 P6 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CandC
I need some help. You know the question with BEFA what were E and F? Was E where the nuclei splits? @some-student

I think that it was:
B - neutrons fired
E - briefly as excited Uranium-236
F - nuclei split
A - releasing neutrons and lots of energy

:smile:
Original post by some-student
I think that it was:
B - neutrons fired
E - briefly as excited Uranium-236
F - nuclei split
A - releasing neutrons and lots of energy

:smile:

I got that too :wink:
Original post by Chittesh14
I got that too :wink:

I still can't believe they described the neutrons as excited:biggrin::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 143
Oh no :frown: I got it wrong then. I did BFEA I was stuck on that for a while thinking about it but I thought as soon as neutrons hit the nuclei splits. Hopefully they'll give me a mark for getting the other 2 right. I just wanted to ask. What do you think I would get, my coursework was 43/48, p123 was 57/75 (very harshly marked ahah didn't give any for 6 markers) and p456 64/85
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by leopard923
I still can't believe they described the neutrons as excited:biggrin::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, they done it intentionally :P. Excited is the condition of an atom or molecule after absorbing energy.
Low A, but that shouldn't matter. At GCSE - it's only your grade lol no marks are looked at tbh.

You were 25% into the grade boundary :smile:

Thank you both :smile: How do you calculate the final grade from the total UMS at the end?
Original post by Jiff
Thank you both :smile: How do you calculate the final grade from the total UMS at the end?

For any qualification, the UMS grade boundaries are always the same:
90% UMS = A*; 80% UMS = A; 70% UMS = B; and so on...

But raw mark (i.e. the score you get on the paper) to UMS conversions vary every year. :smile:
Original post by CandC
Oh no :frown: I got it wrong then. I did BFEA I was stuck on that for a while thinking about it but I thought as soon as neutrons hit the nuclei splits. Hopefully they'll give me a mark for getting the other 2 right. I just wanted to ask. What do you think I would get, my coursework was 43/48, p123 was 57/75 (very harshly marked ahah didn't give any for 6 markers) and p456 64/85

I'll mark you against 2014's grade boundaries as they are the highest:

P1 P2 P3: 57/75 raw marks would be 131/140 UMS
P4 P5 P6: 64/85 raw marks would be 156/160 UMS
Coursework: 43/48 raw marks would be 90/100 UMS

Overall you would get 131 + 156 + 90 = 377 / 400 UMS which is an A* - and is 42.5% into the grade boundary so pretty solid :smile:
Reply 148
I'll mark you against 2014's grade boundaries as they are the highest:

P1 P2 P3: 57/75 raw marks would be 131/140 UMS
P4 P5 P6: 64/85 raw marks would be 156/160 UMS
Coursework: 43/48 raw marks would be 90/100 UMS

Overall you would get 131 + 156 + 90 = 377 / 400 UMS which is an A* - and is 42.5% into the grade boundary so pretty solid :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by CandC
Thank you!

No problem :smile:
Final science exam done! (I break up on Friday though :frown:)

It was better than the P1 P2 P3 in my opinion but it was still difficult.

How did you all find it?

I'd just like to say thank you for all of your mark schemes that you've made. They're really clear and offered relief to me during this exam period. :smile:
Original post by lovelybow
I'd just like to say thank you for all of your mark schemes that you've made. They're really clear and offered relief to me during this exam period. :smile:

No problem - thanks so much :smile:

I'm a bit of a perfectionist which is why they're so detailed :smile:

Hope you get the grades you want on results day :smile:

I'm in the middle of trying to make C1 C2 C3 from memory, which is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4181337 but it might not be as good as the others because it was 12 days ago now :smile:
No problem - thanks so much :smile:

I'm a bit of a perfectionist which is why they're so detailed :smile:

Hope you get the grades you want on results day :smile:

I'm in the middle of trying to make C1 C2 C3 from memory, which is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4181337 but it might not be as good as the others because it was 12 days ago now :smile:

Aw thank you and likewise! I will definitely check it out and I will also follow you because you're really helpful lol :smile:
Original post by lovelybow
Aw thank you and likewise! I will definitely check it out and I will also follow you because you're really helpful lol :smile:

Haha thank you :smile:
I wrote 20MV for Q12 how many marks would I get?
Original post by Swagswag1963
I wrote 20MV for Q12 how many marks would I get?

Probably one mark :smile:
Original post by CandC

A* Overall
Lol, they done it intentionally :P. Excited is the condition of an atom or molecule after absorbing energy.

It's just such an unusual word choice... And they ask us to use scientific vocabulary lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably one mark :smile:

For the solenoid question did you draw that diagram? My only concern is that the arrows for my magnetic field were the wrong way... Please help
Original post by leopard923
It's just such an unusual word choice... And they ask us to use scientific vocabulary lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol ik. I hope it confused a lot of people and they got it wrong lol so the grade boundaries go lower lol. I just hope everyone flopped more than me :/ I'm so selfish lmao.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending