The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Economics F583 2016

Scroll to see replies

I want to kill myself.
Original post by SilverHorsey
im logging off this rubbish cos when people say its so easy it just rubs my nose in it cba

This is so true! The case study was so stupid eurgh and there was no good 20 mark qiestion either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lostrider
This is so true! The case study was so stupid eurgh and there was no good 20 mark qiestion either

Posted from TSR Mobile

exactly! which essay questions did u do? what did u get for question 1 the calculate one?
Congrats everyone, whatever the outcome. It was a nice predictable paper.
Original post by Lenners
Congrats everyone, whatever the outcome. It was a nice predictable paper.

ikr such a piss easy paper! would be surprised if anyone got below 60 hahaha
What did people write for market failure 5 marker. Also, did anyone do essay on MR and MC?
Who did the profit maximisation question. I used the NMW diagram to show how an increase in wages can increase costs and decrease competitiveness for one point. Is that right?
ikr such a piss easy paper! would be surprised if anyone got below 60 hahaha

What Essays did you do? I did Q4 myself: Analyse the effect of labour market failure on labour markets, and comment on how government intervention doesn't always correct labour market failure.

I was praying for this. Such a broad and open question.
Original post by qwertypoiop
What did people write for market failure 5 marker. Also, did anyone do essay on MR and MC?

abuse of monopoly power, sky and bt being the 2 dominant firms and not allowing other new firms to enter the market, you?

yes i did
Original post by MrCoolVille
Who did the profit maximisation question. I used the NMW diagram to show how an increase in wages can increase costs and decrease competitiveness for one point. Is that right?

you didnt need to a diagram at all, it said using examples
youd have to say yes some firms are PM BUT others arent e.g. might have growth, breakeven, sales max, social responsibilty as their aims
Original post by Lenners
What Essays did you do? I did Q4 myself: Analyse the effect of labour market failure on labour markets, and comment on how government intervention doesn't always correct labour market failure.

I was praying for this. Such a broad and open question.

the mc mr one cos i didnt revise and was easiest to blag
abuse of monopoly power, sky and bt being the 2 dominant firms and not allowing other new firms to enter the market, you?

yes i did

I wrote something similar about them increasing prices and restricting supply, but I have no idea about that essay. The choice of essays was horrible and my teacher did not teach us labour market failure, so I had to choose the one about profits. Do you remember what diagrams did you draw for the 15 marker?
Thanks.
you didnt need to a diagram at all, it said using examples
youd have to say yes some firms are PM BUT others arent e.g. might have growth, breakeven, sales max, social responsibilty as their aims

You definitely needed some diagrams. I said all about that and for contrast about non profit organisations?
the mc mr one cos i didnt revise and was easiest to blag

Haha, fair enough! Well good luck at results day my friend, all the best!
Reply 134
I want to kill myself.

Unofficial mark scheme anyone?
I wrote something similar about them increasing prices and restricting supply, but I have no idea about that essay. The choice of essays was horrible and my teacher did not teach us labour market failure, so I had to choose the one about profits. Do you remember what diagrams did you draw for the 15 marker?
Thanks.

just a mc and mr one and below = mc < mr so youd produce more and above = mc > mr so u wouldnt produce over
very decent paper

did 15/20 marker on profit/maximization thing so didnt even have to write the word labour the entire exam :biggrin:
Reply 137
hi, guys, how was your paper? i hope it is 51 for an A* and not more :frown:

it was a predictable question 4 part a and b. they were easy 35 marks which everyone should have attempted! it was a weirdly structured paper as it was a mix of sports and broadcasting, and i don't believe that they have adopted a similar type before.

what do you think the grade boundaries shall be for an A?
Original post by WillRose
very decent paper

did 15/20 marker on profit/maximization thing so didnt even have to write the word labour the entire exam :biggrin:

What did you write/draw for the 15 marker?
What did you write/draw for the 15 marker?

econ 15.jpg
that then just analysed, the 15 marker was the worst bit of the paper imo

Quick Reply

Latest