The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester- offer grade query?

Hi, I'm very confused about the offer grades universities give out and how applicants are accepted into a course if they don't meet their offer grade. For example, my course offer is AAA but on the prospectus the entry grade is AAA-ABB, would I still get in on ABB despite my high offer and who decides?
Original post by MrFantastisch
Hi, I'm very confused about the offer grades universities give out and how applicants are accepted into a course if they don't meet their offer grade. For example, my course offer is AAA but on the prospectus the entry grade is AAA-ABB, would I still get in on ABB despite my high offer and who decides?

im confused about this too. i applied to an extra course as didnt make medicine and it asked for AAA-AAB and i was hoping it was going to give me a conditional offer for AAB so if i do get AAA i can still apply to med. now i dont know whether to accept it or not
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by MrFantastisch

Hi there,

The entry requirements stated in the prospectus are intended as a guide - they represent the range of offers made for that particular course.

What's important for you are the grades set out in your individual offer letter and on your UCAS Track. They're the grades you need to achieve in order to be accepted onto your chosen course.

The admissions team in the academic School make the final decision on results day, but it is based on whether or not you achieve the grades set out in your offer (AAA in your case).

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Susannah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending