The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Biology Unit 5 (WBI05) Scientific Article Discussion - June 2016

Scroll to see replies

68 for A* seems more realistic
what did you answer random error of transcription? I wrote post transcription change stuff and leading change in amino acid sequence and type and position of bonds, shape of active site and no enzyme substrate complex formed
anyway, can I write 'no' calcium ion enter the presynaptic neurone due to inhibition of calcium ion channel instead of 'less' calcium ion, so subsequent statement would be all 'no' vesicle fuse, 'no' neurotransmitter, 'no' depolarisation...
68 for A* is it realistic
Reply 524
Less blood loss for the vasoconstriction drug while doing dental surgery
Original post by tgygt
Less blood loss for the vasoconstriction drug while doing dental surgery
btw how could the dentist use the graph of the two drugs
How does nervous system change heart rate
any mark scheme yet
Original post by majidabdul
any mark scheme yet

I think the official one would be released after a month
so how does nervous system change heart rate
Original post by majidabdul
so how does nervous system change heart rate

I wrote about level of ph and chemoreceptors stuff connect to cardiovascular control centre in medulla send more frequent impulse to SAN
Reply 531
Original post by 12103763d
can anyone explain what answer will be like ?

I pretty sure its about that rhodopsin thingy. I wrote:
rhodopsin bleached to opsin and retinal, sodium ion channels closed, so no sodium enters rod cell. Sodium ions continues to diffuse out, hence, hyperpolarisation of rod cell. No neurotransmitter released. So, depolarisation occurs in bipolar cell, initiating action potential. Nerve impulse sent to brain via optic nerve.
Original post by qinaaaa
I pretty sure its about that rhodopsin thingy. I wrote:
rhodopsin bleached to opsin and retinal, sodium ion channels closed, so no sodium enters rod cell. Sodium ions continues to diffuse out, hence, hyperpolarisation of rod cell. No neurotransmitter released. So, depolarisation occurs in bipolar cell, initiating action potential. Nerve impulse sent to brain via optic nerve.

Same here! What did you answer how dentist can make reference to graph ?
Reply 533
Same here! What did you answer how dentist can make reference to graph ?

Can't really remember what I answered. I think I said something about drug B (the one that last for longer time). I wrote quite a lot and pretty much made up everything to seem logical >,< what did you wrote?
Original post by qinaaaa
Can't really remember what I answered. I think I said something about drug B (the one that last for longer time). I wrote quite a lot and pretty much made up everything to seem logical >,< what did you wrote?

Me wrote about A >< strong and in shorter time, suitable for dental surgery which unlikely undergoes more than 2-3 hrs ... How did you calculate the population ?
Reply 535
Me wrote about A >< strong and in shorter time, suitable for dental surgery which unlikely undergoes more than 2-3 hrs ... How did you calculate the population ?

dangg, That's more logical tho. didn't think of that. erghhhh. erm. Are you referring to the scarecrow question? I think I wrote about calculating the percentage of crops eaten in the area. Not sure if its correct tho. I found this was the hardest part for the paper.
Original post by qinaaaa
dangg, That's more logical tho. didn't think of that. erghhhh. erm. Are you referring to the scarecrow question? I think I wrote about calculating the percentage of crops eaten in the area. Not sure if its correct tho. I found this was the hardest part for the paper.

Oh nah, I mean the question of population suffering from AD. Btw that's similar to mine answering the habituation investigation
Reply 537
Oh nah, I mean the question of population suffering from AD. Btw that's similar to mine answering the habituation investigation

I calculate the population by 85million x 10% x 10%

I talked about both drug A and B. Maybe jaw surgery is also counted as a dental surgery which takes a much longer time? so drug B can be used in this case I guess...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tgygt
I calculate the population by 85million x 10% x 10%

I talked about both drug A and B. Maybe jaw surgery is also counted as a dental surgery which takes a much longer time? so drug B can be used in this case I guess...

I think this question is open form, able to discuss two drugs provided that valid reason
how did you answer the consequence of decline function of T cell? Is it fine to just state the function of it like t helper cell activate B cell t killer cell destroy infected host cell sth like that, and mention those ppl would be more susceptible to diseases? And what did you write about the last question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending